At APM Terminals we create a competitive advantage for our customers through operational excellence, expanding our service range and simplifying complexity. We also aim to deliver a reliable, consistent customer experience. And sometimes this gets noticed. We've list a few of our achievements below.
APM Terminals winner of the IMPACTA Award at the Humà Awards ceremony
APM Terminals was named the winner of the IMPACTA Award at the 2018 Humà Awards ceremony. The award recognised APM Terminals' 'MyCareer' as an initiative that promotes employees’ active role in their career development opportunities. MyCareer as a talent management and development program fosters employee’s career ownership and provides different tools and processes to explore the professional opportunities within the company. Fundació Factor Humà, founded in 1997, is a Human Resources association that works to improve people’s management in organisations.
2018 Lloyd’s List Americas Awards, Port Infrastructure Development of the Year
At the 2018 Lloyd’s List Americas Awards, APM Terminals took home the ‘Port Infrastructure Development of the Year’ award. The award recognises outstanding port infrastructure investment, which drives economic and social change in the Americas and improves environmental surroundings. Learn more >
Corporate Social Responsibility 2018 award winner for the Best Project in the Human Rights Category
APM Terminals Poti was named the 2018 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Award winner for the Best Project in the Human Rights Category: Increasing Safety Awareness for Truck Drivers. Organised by the UN Global Compact Network and the CSR Club of Georgia, the 2018 Corporate Social Responsibility Awards promote and support the development of corporate sustainability practices within the Republic of Georgia. Learn more >
GE SSA Transportation Strategic Partner of the Year
APM Terminals was recognized by General Electric’s Sub-Saharan Africa Transportation Division’s “Strategic Partner of the Year” award for work with the winning GE consortium’s Nigerian railway project.
Ghana Shippers Awards
APM Terminals Ghana Ltd., which operates a bonded Inland Container Depot (ICD) at Ghana’s primary port of Tema, was named the winner of the Port/Terminal category of the Ghana Shippers Awards ’17. The award ceremony, in its first year,“provides a platform to recognize individuals and companies that play a significant role in the growth and development of the industry while recognizing the key functions within the industry that promote growth and sustainability”
State of Alabama Trade Excellence Award
APM Terminals Mobile was one of eight Alabama businesses to be honored by Alabama Governor Robert Bentley for their achievements in promoting and facilitating the export goods and services from Alabama across the globe.
Global Ports Forum "Best Terminal in South Asia"
South Asia Gateway Terminals, at the Port of Colombo, Sri Lanka, was named “Best Terminal in South Asia” by the Global Ports Forum. APM Terminals holds a 33% share in SAGT.
World record for single vessel loading
APM Terminals Pier 400 Los Angeles established a new world single vessel operations record during the call of the 13,600 TEU capacity Maersk Evora, with a combined total of 24,846 TEUs loaded and discharged over a 128-hour period. This performance eclipsed the previous record of approximately 18,500 TEUs handled during the call of a similarly sized vessel at the Port of Rotterdam in 2015.
First Moroccan business to receive ISO 55001 Certification
APM Terminals Tangier receives ISO 55001 Certification, covering Asset Management Systems, by French-based Bureau Veritas, a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification. APM Terminals Tangier is the first Moroccan business to receive this distinction.
ICHCA Safety Innovation Award
APM Terminals Buenos Aires, operator of the Terminal 4 facility in Argentina’s primary port, was named winner of the first annual ICHCA “Innovation in Safety Award”, for the introduction and success of its Safety Logging System, introduced in 2012. The award is given in recognition of “measurable proven results in incident reduction and behavioral responses from the workforce” by the ICHCA, an independent, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the safety, productivity and efficiency of cargo handling and movement worldwide.
Tallest Port Crane in North America
The first of ten ship-to-shore (STS) cranes at the APM Terminals Los Angeles Pier 400 facility was raised 33 feet (10 meters), making it the tallest port crane in North America. The crane heightening project is designed to prepare for regular Ultra-Large Container Vessel (ULCV) calls in the trans-Pacific trade lanes, carrying up to 20,000 twenty-foot equivalent containers (TEUs) per vessel.
Lloyds List Middle East and Indian Subcontinent Awards “Logistics Excellence Award”
APM Terminals Inland Services, South Asia was named winner of the “Logistics Excellence Award’ at the Lloyd’s List Middle East and Indian Subcontinent Awards 2016. This award is in recognition of “the shipping or logistics company that has worked with shippers not only to provide ocean transportation but a total logistics package with a full end to end supply management across both the sea and land sectors within Middle East and Indian Subcontinent.”
Nigerian Institute for Government, Research, Leadership and Technology “Best Container Handling and Port Development Company of 2015”
The West Africa Container Terminal, (WACT), at Onne Port, was named Nigeria’s Best Container Handling and Port Development Company for 2015 by the Nigerian Institute for Government, Research, Leadership and Technology. The award was presented in recognition of WACT’s achievements in setting new standards in productivity, investment and service delivery to container shipping customers in Nigeria.
Pacific Maritime Association Safety Awards
APM Terminals Pier 400 Los Angeles won the PMA Coast Accident Prevention Award in the category of Terminal Operations, Group A (for terminals with over one million man- hours worked annually), for the best Safety Performance achieved in 2015 in all operations at US West Coast ports. This marks the seventh out of the last nine years that APM Terminals Pier 400 Los Angeles has earned this distinction. The Los Angeles operations also won the Southern California Area Container Terminal Safety Award for Group A, in addition to receiving the Coast and Southern California Area awards for Three Year Incident Rate Reduction. APM Terminals Tacoma was awarded First Place in both the Washington Area and Coast-Wide Container Category C operations (100,000 -499,999 man-hours hours annually).
Workplace Safety and Health Award
Aqaba Container Terminal (ACT), the Kingdom of Jordan’s primary port, was named the winner of the 2014 Workplace Safety and Health Award by the Jordanian Social Security Corporation. The award was bestowed upon ACT for exceeding all health and safety standards and benchmarks established by the relevant Jordanian national authorities.
Lloyd’s List Global Awards “Port Operator Award”
-For the second time in the past four years APM Terminals has received the prestigious “Port Operator Award” at the Lloyd’s List Global Awards ceremony, held annually in London. The award was given in recognition of APM Terminals establishing new industry standards in the areas of productivity, investment in underserved markets, multi-ports, safety, inland services and innovation.
All-India Maritime & Logistics Awards “Container Terminal of the Year”
- APM Terminals Mumbai, (also known as Gateway Terminals India), located at Jawaharlal Nehru Port, was named the winner of the annual All-India Maritime & Logistics “Container Terminal of the Year” Award at the India Maritime & Logistics Awards 2015. The award reflects outstanding performance on such criteria as operational performance, year-on-year container volume growth, IT efficiency, advanced technology and customer satisfaction, and was won by APM Terminals Mumbai for the sixth consecutive year.
Containerisation International “Innovation of the Year” Award
- APM Terminals’ new Rotterdam Maasvlakte II facility was named the winner of the “Innovation of the Year” award at the 4th Annual Containerisation International Awards ceremony held in London in June, in recognition of the industry-changing technological advances represented by the world’s first fully-automated and emissions-free, sustainably-powered container terminal.
Lloyds’ List North American Maritime Awards “Port Operator of the Year”
-APM Terminals was named the winner of the Lloyd’s List North American Maritime Awards’ 2015 “Port Operator of the Year” Award, given in recognition of a North American port or terminal operator which has “maintained the highest standards of operational efficiency and customer service throughout the year”.
Pacific Maritime Association “Coast Accident Prevention Award”
Pacific Maritime Association “Southern California Container Terminal Safety Award”
- APM Terminals Pier 400 Los Angeles won two awards at the 66th Annual Pacific Maritime Association (PMA) Area Accident Prevention Committee Safety Awards for 2014. The first award was the PMA Coast Accident Prevention Awards ceremony in the category of Terminal Operations, Group A, (over one million man-hours worked) for the best Safety Performance achieved in 2014 in all operations at US West Coast ports. This is the sixth year out of the last eight that APM Terminals’ Los Angeles facility has received this award. APM Terminals Pier 400 also won the Southern California Area Container Terminal Safety Award for Group A.
Nigerian Port Authority’s “Most Environmentally Conscious Port Operator”
-APM Terminals Apapa named the “Most Environmentally Conscious Port Operator at the Lagos Port Complex” by the Nigerian Port Authority’s Environment Department of the Health, Safety and Environment Division, in recognition of the company’s achievements in the area of terminal safety culture and operating practices in Nigeria’s primary port city.
CII 2013 Environment, Health, and Safety Excellence Award
-APM Terminals India’s Chennai CFS facility was named winner of the 2013 Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) Excellence Award by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for the implementation of EHS Best Practices.
Excellence in Inland Container Logistics for Manufacturing Sector
- APM Terminals Inland Services South Asia was named winner of the “Excellence in Inland Container Logistics for Manufacturing Sector” award at the 3rd Annual Asia Manufacturing and Supply Chain Awards, presented at the Asia Manufacturing Supply Chain Summit in Mumbai.
Lloyd’s List Asia “Port Operator Award”
- APM Terminals was named the winner of the Lloyd’s List Asia Awards 2013 “Port Operator Award”, in recognition of maintaining “the highest standardsofoperationalefficiency and customer service throughout the year” among port and terminal operators in the Asian Far East.
Containerisation International Awards “International Terminal Operator of the Year”
- APM Terminals was once again named Containerisation International’s “International Terminal Operator of the Year” in 2013, for the second consecutiveyear.APMTerminals’ “ongoing investment programs at its terminals and its ability to implement and adapt very effectively global safety, security andenvironmentalguidelines atthe local level” were cited by the judging panel in the win, as well as APM Terminals’ Global Terminal Network’s “success in combiningdevelopment withcontinuousimprovements in its CSR and environmental policies”.
Express, Logistics & Supply Chain Leadership Awards “Best Inland Services Provider”
- APM Terminals India Pvt. Ltd. was named “Best Inland Services Provider” for 2013 at the 7th Annual Express, Logistics & Supply Chain Leadership AwardsinMumbai,India in September, in the “Service Excellence” category of the program.
MALA “Container Terminal Operator of the Year” (APM Terminals Mumbai)
- APM Terminals Mumbai was named “Container Terminal Operator of the Year (Specific)” for 2013 at the 4th Annual All-India Maritime and Logistics Awards(MALA)onSeptember 6th, in Mumbai. The award was presented on the basis of operational performance, year-on-year volume growth, IT efficiency, the useofadvancedtechnology, and customer satisfaction.
MALA “Health, Safety and Quality Award” (APM Terminals Pipavav)
- APM Terminals Pipavav was named winner of the “Port/Terminal Operator of the Year- Health, Safety and Quality Award” for 2013 at the 4th Annual All-IndiaMaritime and Logistics Awards(MALA). The criteria for the award include facility investment in health and safety measures, and external industry certification.
Exim India “Container Freight Station of the Year” (APM Terminals India Chennai CFS)
- APM Terminals India’s Chennai Container Freight Station was named co-winner of the Container Freight Station of the Year Award-(Private) at the 5thAnnualEximIndia South East Cargo & Logistics Awards 2013. The award recognizes APM Terminals Chennai’s efforts in promoting trade through creation of modernfacilitiesandinfrastructure, and the achievement of high standards of efficiency and productivity during 2012.
Supplier Appreciation Award (APM Terminals India Mumbai CFS)
- APM Terminals Inland Services Mumbai Container Freight Station (CFS) was selected by Volkswagen India to receive its annual “Supplier AppreciationAward”forexcellent performance during 2011-2012. The award is in recognition of the Inland Services operation’s help in achieving Volkswagen’s targetedlogisticschainperformance levels for the 110,000 vehicle capacity Chakan auto manufacturing facility near Pune, in the State of Maharashtra.
National Quality Award (Morocco)
- In January 2013, APM Terminals Tangier was named winner of the 2012 National Quality Award organized by Morocco’s Ministry of Industry, TradeandNewTechnologies. This 15th annual Quality Award ceremony was held in the Moroccan capital of Rabat, with the participation of the Moroccan Union forQuality(UMAQ).The mission of the UMAQ includes the responsibility to “promote the quality of goods and services in all sectors of the national economy”. In 2012APMTerminalsTangier received IMS certification in ISO 9001 (Quality Management Systems), ISO 14001 (Environmental Management Systems) and OHSAS 18001(HealthandSafety Management Systems). APM Terminals Tangier was also named “Best Employer in Morocco” on January 21st in the second annual BestEmployerAwardsponsored by business consultant Lycom in collaboration with Morocco’s Ministry of Education and Professional Training, the Global ConfederationofMoroccanCompanies (CGEM), and the American Chamber of Commerce in Morocco, and the Best Companies Group.
Nigeria Maritime Excellence Awards “Best Terminal Operator of the Year”
- APM Terminals Apapa was named the winner of the 2012 Terminal Operator Award by the Maritime Reporters’ Association of Nigeria at theirannualMaritimeExcellence Awards ceremony held on December 11th in Apapa, Nigeria’s primary port. The Maritime Reporters’ Association of Nigeria (MARAN)wasestablished in1988 to “objectively report activities in the shipping sector in totality and also the activities of all ministries, departments and agencies ofgovernmentinvolved in thecountry’s import and export business”. APM Terminals Apapa was also named “Best Terminal Operator of the Year” at the 2009 awardceremony.
Containerisation International Awards “International Terminal Operator of the Year”
- APM Terminals was named Containerisation International’s “International Terminal Operator of the Year” for 2012 at their annual awards luncheon. APMTerminals’“ongoing investment programs at its terminals and its ability to implement and adapt very effectively global safety, security and environmentalguidelines atthe locallevel” were cited by the judging panel in the win, as well as APM Terminals’ Global Terminal Network’s “success in combining developmentwithcontinuousimprovements in its CSR and environmental policies”.
Containerisation International Awards “Corporate Social Responsibility”
- The Port of Salalah, managed by APM Terminals, was named winner of the 2012 Containerisation International Award for Corporate Social Responsibility.
Lloyd’s List Global Awards “Port Operator of the Year”
- APM Terminals was once again named “Port Operator of the Year” for 2012 by a panel of industry judges at the prestigious Lloyd’s List annual GlobalAwardsgala.The award is given in recognition of “the company or port authority that has maintained the highest standards of operational efficiency andcustomerservicethroughout the year” through “exceptional innovation, improved efficiency, profitability or successful investment in port operations”. APM Terminalsalso wontheGlobal Port Operator award in 2009.
Social Security Excellence Award for Occupational Health and Safety
- Aqaba Container Terminal (ACT), a joint venture between the Aqaba Development Corporation and APM terminals, which manages the facility, was honored withtheKingdom of Jordan’s 2011 Social Security Excellence Award for Occupational Health and Safety, the only safety award of its kind to be offered to companies bytheJordanian Social Security Corporation. This recognition, announced in July 2012, was based on ACT’s high local and international safety standards across allactivitiesfollowing a comprehensive audit of the facility’s safety standards and procedures.
Signal Mutual Gerald H. Halpin Safety Excellence Award
- APM Terminals’ US operations’ overall safety performance was recognized with the Signal Mutual Gerald H. Halpin Safety Excellence Award for 2010-2011, Signal’shighest accolade. The award is given in recognition of the Signal Member company which has best exemplified the promotion of employee safety and healththroughout their organization, and is presented only for exceptional safety performance and achievement.
Signal Mutual Industry Leader Safety Award
- APM Terminals Pacific Ltd., which performs stevedoring services at APM Terminals Pier 400 at the Port of Los Angeles, and APM Terminals Tacoma, was namedwinner of the annual Signal Mutual Industry Safety Leader Award for attaining best safety improvement record in terms of reduced incidents for the past threeconsecutive years in the category of Large Stevedoring Companies.
India Maritime Week Gateway Award of Excellence
- APM Terminals Chennai, Ltd., part of APM Terminals Inland Services operations, was named “Container Freight Station of the Year” at the India Maritime WeekGateway Awards of Excellence ceremony.
All-India Maritime and Logistics Awards “Container Terminal of the Year” and “Safety and Quality Award”
- APM Terminals Mumbai was honored as the All-India Maritime and Logistics Awards 2012 “Container Terminal of the Year” as well as winning the Port/TerminalOperator of the Year – Safety & Quality Award at the third annual awards gala held in Mumbai on September 7th. This marked the third consecutive win as “ContainerTerminal of the Year” for APM Terminals Mumbai.
Lloyd’s List Middle East and Indian Subcontinent Safety Award
- The Port of Salalah was named the winner of the Safety category of the Lloyd’s List Middle East and Indian Subcontinent 2011 Awards at the annual gala in Dubai onNovember 16th. The award recognizes “exceptional commitment to improving safety standards in the shipping industry” through “robust and effective improvementsto their operations at sea or ashore”.
Lloyd’s List Global Safety Award
- APM Terminals was named winner of the 2011 Lloyd’s List Global Safety Award on September 21st, 2011 at the prestigious annual industry Awards Gala held inLondon. The award was presented in recognition of APM Terminals’ “exceptional commitment to improving safety standards” over the past year, and was accepted byAPM Terminals CEO Kim Fejfer.
Transport Africa Awards “Best Port Operator in Africa”
- APM Terminals was named winner of the “Best Port Operator in Africa” award at the Transport Africa Awards 2011 ceremony held in Johannesburg, South Africa onJune 29th. The criteria for the award were “operational efficiency and effectiveness and the ability to demonstrate best practice in Africa’s ports sector”.
Seatrade 2011 Innovation in Ship Operations Award
- APM Terminals’ FastNet Crane concept was named the winner of the “Innovation in Ship Operations” category of the 23rd Annual Seatrade Awards held at the GuildHall in London on April 4th. The award is presented in recognition of an innovative design or device which has the potential to significantly improve the efficiency ofany aspect of ship operations and/or cargo handling. The winning FastNet crane technology developed by APM Terminals enables STS gantry cranes to simultaneouslywork adjacent bays of large container ships, effectively doubling crane productivity. First conceived in 2006, patents on FastNet cranes have now been filed in 17nations as well as the 27 member countries of the EU following extensive engineering design work and comprehensive computer simulations.
Pacific Maritime Association Safety Awards
- APM Terminals’ Pier 400 Los Angeles facility, the largest container terminal in the Port of Los Angeles, was awarded First Place for the fourth consecutive year in thePacific Maritime Association’s Coast Accident Prevention Awards ceremony in the category of Terminal Operations, Group A, representing terminal operations with onemillion or more man-hours worked in 2010. APM Terminals Tacoma won Second Place in the Group C category, which includes facilities of between 100,000 and499,999 man hours worked for the year.
- APM Terminals Tangier-Med was recognized with a Sustainability award in January 2011 in Casablanca, at the first annual Ecoval Trophy Awards given by EcovalMorocco, a subsidiary of Holcim Morocco, which is part of Swiss-based cement and aggregates producer Holcim Ltd. The Ecoval Trophies are presented in threecategories covering the collection and recovery of waste oils. APM Terminals Tangier-Med was one of three winners in the category of “Eco-Enterprise”.
Corporate Governance Award for Transparency and Honesty
- In September 2010 the Corporate Governance Award for Transparency and Honesty was presented to Laem Chabang Terminal B-1 (LCB1) by Mr. PanthepKlanarongran, the Chairman of Thailand’s National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC). The terminal was one of only 15 companies to have been honored forcorporate governance in this category by the Thai Government this year.
Zero Accident Award (Bronze Level)
- Thailand’s Minister of Labor, Mr. Chalermchai Sri-on, presented the Zero Accident Award (Bronze Level) to Laem Chabang Terminal B-1 (LCB1) in September 2010 inrecognition of “Outstanding Safety Performance”, with 1.4 million man-hours of work performed over the course of a year without any Lost-Time Injuries (LTI).Although 102 companies in Thailand were cited for this Bronze level distinction for 2010, LCB1 was notably the only marine terminal to have earned the Safety Award.
Special Jury Award, Oman Green Awards
- The Port of Salalah was honored with the Special Jury Award at the Oman Green Awards in July 2010. The Oman Green Awards are national environmental awardsestablished to recognize outstanding environmental vision, endeavors and achievements. The Special Jury Award honors the company that that stands out from othernominees by excelling in multiple environmental initiatives. The Port of Salalah’s nomination was based on the Qudam Project, the in-house strategic plan developedto manage improvements and measure progress in key areas of the Port’s business.
Safety at Sea International Award
- APM Terminals was named the winner of the Safety at Sea International (SASI) Award for 2010 in the category of Management and Operations. Presented in Londonon June 22nd, the award, which is presented annually, recognized the APM Terminals’ company-wide Safety Culture program as “an initiative that demonstratesimproved safe working practices or attitudes as a result of its implementation, either onshore or aboard-ship”.
Port Community Award
- APM Terminals Rotterdam was named the winner of the Port Community Award 2009 in recognition of efficiency in information exchange in the Dutch ports ofRotterdam and Amsterdam. The selection of APM Terminals Rotterdam by unanimous vote of the judging panel was announced at the second annual Port CommunityAward ceremony on April 21st.
Pacific Maritime Association Safety Awards
- APM Terminals Los Angeles, Oakland and Tacoma were cited for their outstanding achievements in workplace safety for 2009, by the Pacific Maritime Association.For the third year in a row, Pier 400 (Los Angeles) won the First Place Safety Award in the Class A category for LA/Long Beach, and First Place Group A ContainerCompany Coast Award. APM Terminals Oakland won the Class C area award for Northern California, also for the third consecutive year. The Oakland team was able tocontinuously improve the safety culture at the terminal despite the impending closure at year end. In addition, Tacoma was recognized with second place WashingtonArea and Coast-Level awards for Category C operators.
New York Shipping Association Safety Award
- For the third consecutive year, the New York Shipping Association has recognized APMT Elizabeth (Port Elizabeth, New Jersey) with an award for Lowest Lost TimeAccidents Frequency in the Port of NY & NJ – Group A Facilities.
Chemtech Leadership and Excellence Award
- Gujarat Pipavav Port Limited, recently rebranded as APM Terminals Pipavav, received the Chemtech Leadership and Excellence 2009-10 Award as the fastest-growingport in India. The Chemtech Foundation is one of India’s leading industry associations.
Moroccan National “Safety at Work Award”
- APM Terminals Tangier was named winner of the Moroccan National “Safety at Work Award” for 2009 on January 21st 2010 by the Ministry of Industry, Trade andNew Technologies.
Lloyd’s List “Port Operator of the Year” Award
- APM Terminals was named “Port Operator of the Year” for 2009 by a panel of industry judges at the prestigious Lloyd’s List annual container industry award gala.
Lloyd’s List Middle East & Indian Subcontinent Shipping “Terminal Operator of the Year”
- Gateway Terminals India (GTI) was named “Terminal Operator of the Year” at the annual Lloyd’s List 2009 Middle East & Indian Subcontinent Shipping Awards on November 8, 2009 in Dubai. A panel of six maritime industry judges evaluated the nominees based upon achievement in offering safe, reliable, cost-efficient and environmentally-friendly services to customers over the past year in an increasingly competitive ports sector in a tough international shipping market.
Chinese Ports Association Awards
- Qingdao Qianwan Container Terminal (QQCT) was recognized by the Chinese Ports Association with five awards this year for outstanding performance during 2008. The winning categories for QQCT in the annual award event included selection as one of the Top 10 Busiest Container Terminals; one of the Top 5 Container Terminals in Berth Productivity; one of the Top 5 Container Terminals in Crane Productivity as well as winning in the categories of Energy Efficiency and Best Contributor to the Development of China’s Terminal Industry.
APL Productivity Award
- APM Terminals Zeebrugge, Belgium was named APL’s 2009 North European Productivity Award winner in the Crane Productivity category. Lloyd’s List Middle East and Indian Sub Continent Awards Gateway Terminals India – the APM Terminals managed container terminal serving the commercial and financial hub of Mumbai, was named “Port Authority/Terminal Operator” for 2009 for the Middle East and Indian Sub-Continent Region by Lloyd’s List.
Kaohsiung Harbor Bureau Awards
- APM Terminals Kaohsiung was honored at the annual Kaohsiung Harbor Bureau Awards ceremony for “Continuous Safety Improvement”. This was the only safety award won by any of the 10 terminal operators at Taiwan’s largest container port.
APL Productivity Award
- APM Terminals Zeebrugge was named the winner of the APL’s 2008 North European Productivity Award for Crane Productivity.
Pacific Maritime Association Awards
- APM Terminals Tacoma, Oakland, and Los Angeles were named winners of the PMA’s 2008 Safety Awards.
Caribbean Shipping Association Award
- Kingston Container Terminal was named 2008 “Terminal of the Year” by the Caribbean Shipping Association; the terminal was managed by APM Terminals Jamaica, Ltd. until January 2009.
CNBC Maritime Gateway Awards
- Gateway Terminals India was named “Best Container Terminal of 2008” at the CNBC Maritime Gateway Awards.
Andalucía Flag Award
- APM Terminals Algeciras was named winner of the 2008 Andalucía Flag Award in for "success in bringing social and economic progress" to the Andalucía region of Spain.
Lloyd's List Middle East and Indian Subcontinent Awards
- Gateway Terminals India was named “Port of the Year” for 2007 by Lloyd’s List for the Middle East and Indian Sub-Continent Region.
West Africa Quality Management Award
- APM Terminals Apapa was named winner of the “West Africa Quality Management Award” for 2007, for Apapa Container Terminal, in Nigeria.
APL Productivity Award
- APM Terminals Zeebrugge was named winner of the APL 2007 North European Productivity Award.
Pacific Maritime Association Safety Awards
- APM Terminals Tacoma, Oakland and Los Angeles were named winners of the 2007 Pacific Maritime Association Safety Awards.
Containerisation International “Port Operator of the Year”
- APM Terminals was named “Port Operator of the Year” for 2006 by industry publication Containerisation International.