The Moin Container Terminal is an artificial island build in the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica with a main objective: to be the most efficient port in Latin America: Symbol of security and progress, in harmony with the environment.
MCT will have the capacity to receive and operate ships that are four times larger than the ships that are currently handled in the area port facilities.
• The MTC will be able to serve containerships of up to 8,500 TEUs.
• Uninterrupted operations 24/7, 365 days a year.
• Reduction in the logistical costs due to economies of scale.
• Reduction in the waiting and docking times.
• Socio-economic development of the region because both direct and indirect jobs will be created.