Repair & Maintenance
We pride ourselves on providing the best quality dry and reefer (engine) services at competitive rates, using only highly-trained technicians. We also have engineers on call 24/7 for repairs of reefer containers both on-board and at our own facilities.
At a glance
- We follow standard procedures and guidelines established by IICL5 (Institute of International Container Lessors), and specific customer criteria if required.
- Our technicians are fully trained
- We only ever use genuine replacement parts approved by the container manufacturer for both reefer and dry container repairs.
- We hold an extensive inventory of parts for all major reefer container brands.
- Dedicated Quality Control – Depot Audits, Verification of repair estimates, Post repair inspection
- Containers repair estimates can be sent electronically (EDI) with photographs for approval
- 24-Hour emergency call out
High pressure water and steam cleaning services
In addition to dry sweep, we offer steam and water cleaning services, that meet even the strictest pharmaceutical shipping guidelines designed to eliminate the risk of contamination between products. For cleaning and decontamination of containers we use the latest specialized products.
Many facilities are equipped with painting booths for painting all variety of equipment, including containers, compressors, skids, trailers. Painting is carried out according to customers specifications in line with industry standards
- Lamination of food grade containers
- Grit blasting
- Pre-trip inspection of reefers
- Reefer monitoring
- Survey of empty dry and reefer containers
- Garment on Hanger (Hangtainer) refitting
Equipment maintenance and replacement is a complex decision-making process. Choosing an effective strategy for each piece of equipment involves a trade-off between reliability and cost, while ensuring the safety of your operations.
APM Terminals uses support models to evaluate equipment lifecycle strategies to effectively manage total ownership costs and risks for a vessel’s operating equipment. But of course, models are only as good as the information provided. Our highly trained technicians can be relied upon to provide accurate and useful input, for determining when maintenance or replacement is most cost effective.
At a glance
- Ensure maximum lifespan and efficiency of expensive yard and refrigerated container equipment
- Maintain optimum utilisation of your equipment by ensuring it is repaired swiftly and out of use for the minimum possible time
- Decrease scrap levels on mechanical equipment