Our Purpose: Improving life for all by integrating the world
We believe in an integrated world. One planet. Connected all the way. By integrating global logistics, we improve the flow of the foods, goods, data and materials that sustain people, businesses and economies the world over. Enabling an exchange of values, culture and ideas. A more integrated world improves quality of life and prosperity on all levels. It is our responsibility to ensure a more sustainable tomorrow for coming generations.
Way of Working
Introduced in 2018, APM Terminals Way of Working (WoW) is a business system that drives us to continuously improve our business performance by developing our people, whilst keeping them safe and focussed on delivering value to our customers.
With our APM Terminals WoW, we are establishing a foundation to success through defined, repeatable and documented processes, carried out by competent and accountable people with a continuous focus on performance and improvement
At APM Terminals, our WoW business system enables us to develop a genuine culture of continuous improvement. Based on established Lean thinking and methodologies, our WoW business system is enabling us to transform our organisation by re-tooling and re-educating our people to eliminate waste, boost productivity and promote innovation every day.
Ultimately our WoW allows us to optimise our resources, efforts and energies towards creating value for our customers, whilst ensuring that our people go home safe.
- Via our Lean Academy, almost half of our employees have been trained and equipped on our Lean methodologies
- Over 5,000 Kaizen (continuous improvement) opportunities, which impact customer experience or the safety of our people, have been delivered
- WoW opportunities have resulted in millions of dollars’ worth of savings to our organisation and our customers
- Customer Satisfaction (Net Promotor Score) has increased every year for the last 4 years
- Thousands of Leader Led Safety walks are carried out every year to ensure our operations are as safe as possible
Listen to our Senior Management explain how our WoW is a fundamental part of our transformation
Ways of Working Model
We structure how we operate and improve our business, based on global standards, best practice and a relentless customer focus. Our Ways of Working diagram shows the key elements of our business system; Performance, People, Standards and Kaizen (Continuous Improvement).