APM Terminals’ Core Values and related business standards are more than just words; we live by them each day and they determine how we make and prioritise daily decisions, ultimately ensuring the long-term success of the company.
- Constant Care - Take care of today, actively prepare for tomorrow. What it means as a core value: Forward thinking, planning and execution. Being informed, innovative and seeking out new ideas. Looking for changes in the environment.
- Humbleness - Listen, learn, share, and give space to others. What it means as a core value: Showing trust and giving empowerment. Having an attitude of continuous learning. Never underestimating our competitors or other stakeholders.
- Uprightness - Our word is our bond. What it means as a core value: Honesty and accountability. Openness about the good and the bad. Speaking your mind in the debate, but backing the decision.
- Our Employees - The right environment for the right people. What it means as a core value: Attracting and retaining the right people, building the right team. Providing opportunities for continual development. Rewarding performance, promoting for potential.
- Our Name - The sum of our Values: passionately striving higher. What it means as a core value: The embodiment of our values. Passion and pride for what we do and how we do it. Our image in the eyes of our customers and the external world.
Code of Conduct
Our values, together with our Code of Conduct, govern the way we do business. As part of the Maersk Group of Companies, we adhere to the Maersk Code of Conduct. This Code provides guidance on what we stand for as a company, and how each business unit and employee within APM Terminals engages with customers, authorities, colleagues, suppliers, the community and other stakeholders.
It outlines our commitment to responsible business practices and the key principles that form our approach to sustainability. All of our employees, and those acting on behalf of APM Terminals, shall follow this Code of Conduct. If anyone sees inconsistencies with our code, they are empowered to report misconduct.
We also embrace the Maersk Group’s Whistleblower System, which makes it easy for employees or a third party to confidentially report any concern they may have about any of our business operations.