HSSE Policy Statement
We commit to protect our people, our business partners, the communities we work alongside and the customers we serve, by ensuring APM Terminals (APMT) operations are carried out safely and securely with minimal impact to the environment every single day. We achieve this commitment by:
- Providing a safe, healthy, secure work environment
- Complying with relevant HSSE legal and contractual requirements, ensuring business continuity to our customers through the consistent application of effective HSSE related processes
- Ensuring that HSSE risk management is embedded across our operations and decision making to secure our sustainable growth and earnings
We have 3 principles that underpin our commitments:
- We lead with care
- We learn and adapt
- Our people are the experts
Our Leadership Responsibilities
- An HSSE Management Framework integrated within our business
- HSSE Accountabilities & Responsibilities embedded across our business
- Implementation of Safety Differently and Lean Principles
APM Terminals places great importance on terminal and cargo security to reduce risks and address threats to the global supply chain.
Worldwide, our security team works closely with global law enforcement agencies to continuously improve supply chain security. We cooperate with U.S., European Union and other national agencies, customers, suppliers and local port authorities to apply a global, multi-layered risk-based approach to security.
By implementing global security management standards and processes, use of advanced security technologies, compliance auditing, respecting our company’s Code of Conduct and living our company’s values, we enable a robust security environment for our people, our operations and our customers at APM Terminals and facilities globally.
In addition, we ensure compliance with global regulatory security certifications, such as the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS) and the Custom-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT). We are also committed to global security initiatives, such as Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) and the Container Security Initiative (CSI), raising the standard in safeguarding the operating environment at our terminals and facilities globally.
How we Deliver...