Staying up-to-date in today’s challenging logistics industry, while keeping costs low, is not easy. We’re convinced that using modern, standardized and tested application programming interfaces (APIs) is the quickest and most cost-effective way to stay ahead.
How can our APIs help your business?
An API (Application Programming Interface) is a software intermediary that allows two applications to talk to each other. APM Terminals’ innovative, industry-leading APIs enable customers to pull real-time container status data from its Terminal Operating Systems, into their own internal systems, such as a Logistics or Transport Management System (TMS).
APIs remove the need to look up information manually via our existing Track & Trace channels, making this the ideal solution for shipping lines, inland transporters, cargo owners and managers, and data aggregators who process higher volumes.
- Cost effective - removes the need to look up a container's status manually
- Increased accuracy - container data is transferred automatically removing the chance of human error or reliance on outdated information
- Time saving - enables large volumes of data to be handled with no manual intervention
- Improved planning - guarantees you’re using the most up-to-date information available in the supply chain
The following APIs are currently available:
- Import Availability
- Export Booking Enquiry
- Vessel Schedule
- Container Event History
- Truck Appointments
- Empty Container Returns
Our Truck Appointment API is currently available for APM Terminals Los Angeles (USLAX). All other APIs currently offer data for terminals in the following locations, with additional terminals being added during 2021:
- Algeciras (Spain) - All APIs except Empty Container Returns
- Apapa (Nigeria)
- Bahrain (Khalifa Bin Salman Port)
- Buenos Aires (Argentina) - All APIs except Container Event History
- Gothenburg (Sweden)
- Itajaí (Brazil) - All APIs except Empty Container Returns
- Lázaro Cárdenas (Mexico)
- Los Angeles (USA)
- Onne (Nigeria)
- South Florida Container Terminal (Miami, USA)
- Mobile (USA)
- Moín (Costa Rica)
- Monvrovia (Liberia)
- Port Elizabeth (USA)
- Rotterdam Maasvlakte II (Netherlands) - All APIs except Empty Container Returns
- Tangier (Morocco) - All APIs except Empty Container Returns
- Vado Ligure (Italy)
Later in the year we'll be adding additional APIs that use predictive data, such as estimated discharge times, and an API that allows you to make and amend truck appointments. If you'd like to be notified when we add new APIs or terminals please register for updates.
Our APIs use standard industry protocol, and modern security measures based on open standards, to ensure the set up requires as little effort as possible. Visit developer.apmterminals.com for detailed information about our APIs, technical support and pricing.