Export payment procedure
Export charges will be invoiced directly to Shippers. This excludes Stevedoring charges, Re-nomination charge and empty container pick up which will continue to be invoiced to Shipping Lines for pass through to exporters if warranted. To ensure loading as planned, only containers with payment are allowed inside the terminal and are planned. Payment should be finalized and container gated in 72 hours before outbound carrier arrival.
Due to COVID-19 preventive measures and the need to prevent crowding, POS (Point of Sale Service) should be made at the respective bank. Customers can also pre-advise and generate invoice by themselves using our termview portal. Our online service remains fully operational; direct all invoices and payment related requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find our step by step guide on Export Payment Procedures and other E-transactions using the Termview portal here:
- Steps to raise export invoice, make payment & print receipt on TERMView
- Steps to raise invoice, make payment & print receipt and apply for refund
- TERMView VGM and Pre-Advise Export Containers
Storage days will be calculated to the ETA of a vessel. Due to current measures being considered, additional payment may be required from the Shipper if there is a delay to the ETA of the vessel; 20ft is N450 and 40ft is N900 per day. Renomination charges now go to the shipping line.
On receipt of Line’s Load-list, APM Terminals will confirm units with pending holds. Units that have holds will not be loaded on the vessel.
With an APMTerminals.com account you can:
- Receive Terminal Alerts via email or SMS
- Save containers to a Watchlist and set up email notifications
- Manage Truck Appointments (specific terminals)
- Request additional services (specific terminals)