The ACT complies with international ports and ship security code (ISPS Code) and is certified as a secure port. Terminals properties and cargo movements within the terminal are protected against theft or vandalism, and corruption.
Over the last few years a number of security protocols have been adopted to achieve best practices in security and safety, including:
- Port departure inspections.
- Security patrolling and CCTV monitoring 24/7.
- Physical security measures.
- Electronic/smart ID cards.
- Scanners operated by customs.
- Controlling and monitoring access.
- Safety and security awareness.
- External parties violation procedures.