The quayside, yard, customer service and gate operations are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week all year round. Administrative staff are available 8:00am-4:00pm weekdays and observe all National holidays.
- Latitude: 29° 31 min. N
- Longitude: 35° 01 min E
Load Line & Timezone
- Load Line Zone: Tropical
- Time Zone: GMT + 2
Tidal Range & Flow
The tidal range is 1.2 meters ST.
- MHWS + 1.10 meters Mean Spring High Water Level;
- MHWN + 0.90 meters Mean Neaps High Water level;
- MSL + 0.70 meters Mean Sea Level;
- MLWN + 0.50 meters Mean Neaps Low Water level;
- MLWS + 0.30 meters Mean Springs Low Water Level;
- LAT 0.00 meters Lowest Low Astronomical Tide;
- CDL 0.00 meters Chart Datum Level.
Dock Water Density
Winds are from north to south (from land to sea), which tends to keep the water in the bay calm. During winter, in moderately inclement weather, ships may anchor closer-in. Occasionally, strong southern storms and gale-force 6/7 south-westerly winds can develop within two hours, accompanied by a high swell. In such cases, small vessels may have to leave their berths to head to sea. Vessels at anchorage may have to weigh anchor and remain at sea until the sea moderates. However, this condition only happens two to four times a year and may last one to two days a time.
Aqaba is hot during the summer and warm in the winter, with a dry refreshing northerly breeze. Average rainfall is only 60 mm annually and visibility is generally good.