April 17 2020
COVID-19 Critical Cargo Initiative
We at APM Terminals Bahrain continue to seek solutions to our customers’ needs which includes a vital response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and associated challenges. This unprecedented global health event has caused disruptions to our collective businesses and we are committed to assisting with important medical shipments and essential food items destined for markets in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Working closely with the Ports and Maritime Affairs and Customs Affairs, we are therefore pleased to announce the COVID-19 Critical Cargo Initiative to ensure the uninterrupted supply of critical cargo shipments through KBSP.
COVID-19 shipments consist of, but is not limited to:
- COVID-19 test kits.
- Temperature guns and thermal scanners.
- Medical ventilators and respirators.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) such as face shields, gowns, gloves, masks.
- Virus critical shipments; hand sanitizer and raw materials for PPE production.
- Other assorted medical cargoes as mutually agreed with the Ministry of Health.
- Essential food items.
APM Terminals Bahrain commitments:
- Prioritize COVID-19 critical import shipments in our terminal.
- Pre-planning these containers in yard areas for quick access.
- Block stacking the containers for urgent releases.
- Work with the vessel operator/shipping line on possibilities for prioritizing the discharge of urgent shipments from the vessel (in such cases all information is to be provided 24 hours prior vessel arrival).
- Deliveries outside of the normal gate hours will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
These are value added services that APM Terminals Bahrain will provide during this crisis and we will absorb all internal costs. The number of import deliveries of Critical Cargo shipments that can be made per day will be subject to operational feasibility.
Critical information to be provided by consignees or their agents:
- Vessel name and voyage.
- Estimated time of arrival (ETA).
- Bills of lading.
- MSDS/UN number as applicable.
- Container numbers.
- Commodity type / detailed cargo description / HS code.
- Clearing agent.
You are requested to route your requests related to COVID-19 Critical Cargo through the following contacts with effect from 19th April 2020:
COVID-19 Critical Cargo Helpdesk e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nader Al Qassab
+973 3888 5508
Customer Service Manager
+973 3888 5831
APM Terminals Bahrain
Terminal alerts provide you with real-time, personalised operational updates via SMS or email.