Our commitment is to grow in a sustainable and environmentally friendly way. We also want to establish quality processes as part of the objectives of our company that allow us to increase the efficiency of our work for the benefit of our employees and those who use our services.
We have put in place measures and continue to develop the necessary activities for the prevention of risks in the workplace, including a policy of prevention of occupational risks, the main objective of which is to achieve a zero rate of accidents at work and a safe productivity.
The four largest terminal operators worldwide jointly analyzed the significant and fatal accidents that each of them had suffered in recent years. The conclusions of this joint work showed that the causes that had led to the vast majority of these accidents could be classified into five different categories; this categorization gave rise to the Fatal 5 which are:
The terminal provides its visitors/contractors with a Safety, Health and Environment app to ensure they operate safely within the terminal. Before accessing APM Terminals Barcelona, all workers must pass the safety induction. Currently, to do so there are two possible ways: online or by downloading the Visitor HSSE mobile app.
In 2022, SGS Auditors verified APM Terminals Spanish Gateways as a multisite organization to grant de Quality, Environment and Health and Safety certifications according to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards for its container terminals. Download APM Terminals Barcelona ISO certificates
- Quality management system with focus mainly on the customer and continuous improvement, according to ISO 9001:2015 and certificate no ES21/210093.02.
- Environmental management system according to ISO 14001:2015 and certificate no. ES21/210100.02.
- Environmental management system in accordance with the European EMAS Regulation and register n.º ES-CAT-000378. Download Environmental Statement.
- Occupational health and Safety management system according to ISO 45001:2018 and certificate no ES21/210103.02.
- Referential Quality of Service in ports of the State according to the Reference of Quality approved by the Port of Barcelona with certificate no. ES21/210166 in port activity for container traffic. Download certificate.
- Compliance with the agreement signed with the Port Authority in the field of good environmental practices, according to the guide issued by the Ministry of Development through Ports of State, with certificate no. ES21/210166. Download certificate.
With an APMTerminals.com account you can:
- Receive Terminal Alerts via email or SMS
- Save containers to a Watchlist and set up email notifications
- Manage Truck Appointments (specific terminals)
- Request additional services (specific terminals)