Out of Gauge (OOG)
APM Terminals Barcelona has a specialist team and equipment ready to load and unload your Out-of-Gauge Cargo. To ensure your valuable cargo always remains safe, we only use highly trained and experienced operators, and suitable equipment.
Why choose APM Terminals Barcelona?
- Specialized equipment and experienced stevedoring teams
- Wide connection network
- Book direct for better value
- We’ll help find the most cost-effective solution
- Warehousing and storage offered for OOG and Break Bulk
Out-Of-Gage Cargo requirements
With Out-of-Gauge Cargo, the dimensions of the cargo exceed the flat rack or open top container by length, width or height, but a container can still be used. Out of Gauge cargo includes things like propellers, flanges or trucks.
- Over height: < 2700 MM.
- Over width: < 110 MM each side (left & right) of unit.
- Over length: Please request via the online order form below.
- For other measures please request via the online order form below.
- Flat rack units with wall ends down shall have corner castings free for use of OOG equipment.
- If upper corners casting is not free for lifting, slings must be used handle the unit. In that case, unit must be stowed on deck 1st tier, otherwise can’t be handled.
- The Payload of unit cannot be exceeded else cargo will be handled as break bulk cargo.
- Maximum payload is 40 tones regardless of load bearing equipment.
- OOG units with end walls down, can only be handled during daytime hours between 08:00 and 18:00 hours.
- OOG units can’t be weighed in the terminal.