HSSE Policy Statement
We commit to protect our people, our business partners, the communities we work alongside and the customers we serve, by ensuring APM Terminals (APMT) operations are carried out safely and securely with minimal impact to the environment every single day. We achieve this commitment by:
- Providing a safe, healthy, secure work environment
- Complying with relevant HSSE legal and contractual requirements, ensuring business continuity to our customers through the consistent application of effective HSSE related processes
- Ensuring that HSSE risk management is embedded across our operations and decision making to secure our sustainable growth and earnings
We have 3 principles that underpin our commitments:
- We lead with care
- We learn and adapt
- Our people are the experts
Our Leadership Responsibilities
- An HSSE Management Framework integrated within our business
- HSSE Accountabilities & Responsibilities embedded across our business
- Implementation of Safety Differently and Lean Principles
APM Terminals places great importance on terminal and cargo security to reduce risks and address threats to the global supply chain.
Worldwide, our security team works closely with global law enforcement agencies to continuously improve supply chain security. We cooperate with U.S., European Union and other national agencies, customers, suppliers and local port authorities to apply a global, multi-layered risk-based approach to security.
By implementing global security management standards and processes, use of advanced security technologies, compliance auditing, respecting our company’s Code of Conduct and living our company’s values, we enable a robust security environment for our people, our operations and our customers at APM Terminals and facilities globally.
In addition, we ensure compliance with global regulatory security certifications, such as the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS) and the Custom-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT). We are also committed to global security initiatives, such as Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) and the Container Security Initiative (CSI), raising the standard in safeguarding the operating environment at our terminals and facilities globally.
At APM Terminals we strongly believe in the importance of providing a port service based on the sustainability of our operations of reception, storage, consolidation and delivery of import and export merchandise. That is why we commit to:
- Protect the environment by applying controls to processes that may have an adverse impact on the environment.
- Generate tools that allow our collaborators to become aware of the care of the environment and the prevention of pollution.
- Make rational use of natural resources, minimizing the impact generated on the environment; managing and controlling the emissions produced by our activity.
- Work on the continuous improvement of the management system to improve environmental performance.
- Comply with the legal requirements and others to which the organization adheres.
Company Protection Policy
APM TERMINALS, assumes as a Protection policy to conduct port operations promoting the Protection of the Port Facility for the benefit of its employees, contractors, clients and the general public, complying with and enforcing the Ship Protection Code and Port Facilities (PBIP), in the port area and its adjacencies Ship/Port Interface. Through which it undertakes to:
- Support and enforce in the area of the Port Facility, any action aimed at the application of the Code for the Protection of Ships and Port Facilities.
- Establish the necessary backups to effectively implement the Port Facility Protection Plan within the port area.
- Strengthen support for the Protection Officer in fulfilling his obligations, providing the necessary resources for the correct implementation of the PPIP.
- Generate mutual cooperation agreements with other terminals and organizations that participate in the application of the ISPS code.
- Have the necessary human resources for the prevention of effective control that guarantees protection within the Port Facility.
- Guarantee the implementation and effective maintenance of the Comprehensive Maritime Protection System applied within the IP.
- Establish preventive procedures in the Protection Plan, which guarantee Information Security, in the entire field of IP.
- Achieve the active and permanent participation of the personnel that works in the port area through training with academies, induction, exercises and practices, thus strengthening the continuous improvement applied in the preparation and response to events that affect maritime protection.
- Prevent any threat that affects Maritime Protection, understood as Robbery - Theft - Illicit drug smuggling - Illegal Immigrants and Stowaways - Piracy and Armed Robbery against Ships - Sabotage and Terrorism.
How we Deliver...
With an APMTerminals.com account you can:
- Receive Terminal Alerts via email or SMS
- Save containers to a Watchlist and set up email notifications
- Manage Truck Appointments (specific terminals)
- Request additional services (specific terminals)