The concern of APM Terminals Castellón S.A.U. for our surroundings and the environment is constant and implicit in each and every operation that is performed. For this reason, we have implemented an environmental management system that aims to contribute to the development of a more sustainable world.
In this line, APM Terminals Castellón S.A.U. celebrates every year events to raise environmental awareness, inviting all stakeholders in the port community. Last year, efforts towards raising awareness were focused on spill prevention and the application of Lean tools to improve control over company’s order and cleanup.
With the firm conviction that the actual capacity of a company is in its employees, the Company has also taught a course in 2019 for all its employees and plans to do the same in 2020, integrating environment into a continuous improvement system of its services.
APM Terminals Castellón S.A.U. has a system to ensure the identification, access, maintenance and evaluation of legal requirements and others, considered relevant and applicable to its activities.
The Company not only shows its commitment with words, but this has been supported by investments in the last year. In this way, it has been:
- implemented a project to improve the management of wastewater.
- replaced conventional lighting with LEDs on its quay cranes.
- provided more points for waste management in our terminal.
- reduced consumption of bottled water by installing water sources for offices, workshops and other working areas.
The Company also has new projects planned with a significant positive environmental impact for 2020.
- Change from conventional lighting to LED in all your industrial warehouses.
- Acquisition of a holding bucket for container spills, which contain such spills and increase the efficiency of collections.
Quality and Environmental Policy
We are committed to sustainable growth. We will achieve this in a way that is respectful to the environment and society, using quality processes that allow us to increase efficiency and which benefit our employees and the users of our services.