The concern of APM Terminals Castellón S.A.U. for our surroundings and the environment is constant and implicit in each and every operation that is performed. For this reason, we have implemented an environmental management system that aims to contribute to the development of a more sustainable world.
In this line, APM Terminals Castellón S.A.U. celebrates every year events to raise environmental awareness, inviting all stakeholders in the port community.
Last year – 2020, the efforts focused on the training and awareness of their own staff, especially in the field of dangerous goods, as well as the reduction of electricity consumption, by changing the conventional lighting to LED in the warehouses and two lighting towers, a project that will maintain its continuity until the entire modified lighting is available.
With the firm conviction that the actual capacity of a company is in its employees, the Company has also taught a course in 2020 for all its employees and plans to do so in 2021, integrating the environment into a system of continuous improvement of its services.
APM Terminals Castellón S.A.U. has a systematic to ensure the identification, access, maintenance and evaluation of legal and other requirements considered relevant applicable to its activities.
The Company not only shows its commitment in words but has been accompanied by investments in the last year. In this way it:
- Has signed the Best Practices Environmental Agreement with the Port Authority of Castellón on 25 May 2020.
- Aims to revalidate ISO 14001 certification and obtain for the first time the certification of Best Environmental Practices of State Ports.
- Has conducted a simulation of MMPP spillage, in coordination with the Port Authority of Castellon.
- Changed the management system policy giving more presence to the cleanliness of infrastructure and equipment.
The Company also has planned new projects with a remarkable positive environmental impact by 2021.
- Efficiency and sustainability in our operations to reduce CO2 emissions by creating a traffic map.
- Continue the change of all lighting towards LED technology, so as to reduce electricity consumption and, consequently, CO2 emissions.
- Acquisition of a retention bucket for spills from containers, which will limit such spills and increase the efficiency of collections.
- Training of staff and members of the port community in the Environment and practical workshops and actions to be carried out to increase awareness towards respect and protection of the port environment.
- Continue with the "Lean" culture in all areas, focusing on standardizing processes to achieve effective and efficient operations.
Quality and Environmental Policy
We are committed to sustainable growth. We will achieve this in a way that is respectful to the environment and society, using quality processes that allow us to increase efficiency and which benefit our employees and the users of our services.