APM Terminals Castellón has an annual container capacity of 250,000 TEUs and accounts for around 70% of the container volume in the Port of Castellón.
Located between Valencia and Barcelona on Spain’s east coast, the APM Terminals Castellón has direct train connections with the hinterland and serves the Mediterranean area, the Middle East and North Africa. Recently, activity has increased significantly in the markets around the East and West coasts of Africa.
In addition to fruit, the area has the largest production of tiles in the world, with 80% of its production destined for export.
- Terminal area: 120,000 m²
- Berthing line: 780 m (Draft 14m)
- Draft: 13m, Turning Basin: 14m, Entrance Channel: 16m
- 1 RORO ramp inside the preferential berthing and other one exclusively for RORO vessels in shared berthing
- Workshops: 2,000 m²
- Reefer connections: 150
- Direct railway access to terminal (2 x 550m tracks)
- PACECO Crane Post Panamax 50TM 18 Rows: 1
- OMG ANSALDO Crane Post Panamax 40Tm 15 Rows: 1
- Nelcon crane Panamax 40TM 12 Rows: 1
- RTG Konecranes 50 t, with auto guide: 4
- Reach Stackers: 1xCVS Ferrari 45 tn; 1xLinde C4351 TL/5 45 tn; 1xKonecranes SMV 4531 TC5 45 tn
- Empty Container Handler: 1xLinde C90/5 9 tn; 1x Linde C90/7 9 tn: 1
- Forklifts: 1x12TM; 1x32Tm
Storage & Warehousing
- Warehouse: 5,000 m2
- Yard storage: 14,728 containers
- Other storage facilities warehouse: 5,000 m²
The terminal is recognized by the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code, an international code for the protection of ships and port facilities promoted by the International Maritime Organization.
The company also has the Spanish Association for Standardization and Certification (AENOR) certification for its Quality Management and Service Quality systems, and internationally recognized ISO 9001 quality certification. APM Terminals Castellon certified in ISO 14001 for its environmental management system.