With the addition of a new 340m with 12m draft berth, the installation of two new gantry cranes and a 5.8 MGW power plant, the 12-hectare Conakry Container Terminal meets the highest international standards. A project is underway to develop an Inland container depot with a rail connection in order to streamline the movement of goods.
In addition to all standard container terminal services, the terminal offers port supplies, ship waste water treatment service, and facilities for buying naval equipment.
Equipment and Facilities
- Total wharf length: 600 m
- Draught: between -10.5 and -13 m
- Container yard: 20 hectares
- Empty container yard: 2.6 hectares
- STS (Ship to shore gantries): 2
- MHC (Mobile harbour cranes): 2
- Reachstacker (45 MT elevator): 15
- Terminal Operating System: Oscar
- Full container storage capacity: nearly 8,000 TEUs
- Annual capacity: 600,000 TEUs
In March 2011, Bolloré Africa Logistics was awarded the 25-year concession for the container terminal at the port of Conakry. In November 2015, APM Terminals acquired a 25% share in the terminal operation. The terminal is managed and has been developed as part of a public-private sector partnership with the Conakry Port Authority.
Continuous berthing, loading and unloading: 24 hours per day 365 days per year.