The Aqaba Logistics Village offers warehousing, logistics and cargo support services from a 470,000 sqm site adjacent to Aqaba Container Terminal (ACT). Managed by APM Terminals, the facility is designed to allow flexibility for handling a wide variety of cargoes as regional and international trading patterns continue to evolve in the Middle East.
40,000m2 of hard standing and asphalted open yards are used for storing containers, cars, timber and project cargo moving through the port. It’s two distribution center warehouses are located in close proximity to Aqaba Container Terminal (ACT).
The village also offers facilities for light manufacturing, including, garments and processing aid supplies alongside other goods moving in transit to Iraq.
Starting in 2018 a further 220,000 m2 is planned for development. It will include further storage and cargo handling space for logistics services of all kind, including bespoke warehouses and other developments under long-term agreements.
- 10,000m2 Container freight station (CFS) for handling and storage of LCL cargo.
- 20,000m2 Distribution Centres, with temperature control for handling and storage of FCL Cargo.
- 13,000m2 multi-purpose warehousing for storage, handling, picking, sorting, palletizing and other value-added services employing professional racking systems
- Hard stand and asphalt open yards, for vehicles and over-sized cargo storage.
- Customs control and representation across the facility.
- Weighbridge and other infrastructure.
- Service centre including 5,000m2 of rental office space.