APM Terminals Inland Services Jordan provides a full range of integrated logistics and cargo support services to international standards. These services fall into one or more of the following categories:
Warehouse storage and handling
Commercial warehousing takes place in our 10,000m2 Distribution Centre in the Aqaba Logistics Village, of which half is temperature controlled. The facility will soon be augmented with an additional 5,000m2. Services include shunting from the port, un-stuffing, storage, sorting palletizing, packing, wrapping and distribution.
Open yard storage and handling
With more than 79,000m2 of yards in Aqaba and Amman we offer suitable storage for anything from cars to containers to cables; and on surfaces ranging from light asphalt to hard stand concrete. Open yard requirements may include yard segregation, equipment hire and other bespoke services. We are licensed for container handling, insured and operate with specialist container handling equipment to international safety standards.
Cross-docking and Cross-stuffing
The Aqaba Logistics Village is the number one facility in Jordan for import cross-docking, with a specialty in cross-border transit cargo to Iraq and other countries in the region. Our new facility will provide unrivaled efficiency in both import and export cross-docking and container cross-stuffing within a stone’s throw of the marine container terminal.
Container Freight Station (CFS)
The Aqaba Logistics Village's 10,000m2 CFS handles more than 3,500 TEUs of less-than-container-load cargo annually. These are containers housing cargo of all kinds that belong to more than one consignee. Sorting, storing and distributing these shipments require high process efficiency.
A total of 5,000m2 of on-site office space is also available for rent, which provides a strategic office place for customers, clearing agents and shipping agents that is close to the Aqaba Container Terminal and the Aqaba Logistics Village.
Container handling, storage and preparation
We collect and hold a stock of empty containers in our depot for shipping lines and release them as required. This requires a number of integrated services, including:
- Safely and efficiently offloading and stacking containers through the use of specialist container handling equipment
- Ensuring that the correct stock level for different sizes and types of containers is maintained
- Electronically updating container movements in the shipping line’s systems. This can be achieved through EDI messages – no direct system access is required
- Cleaning containers and performing maintenance where needed
- Verifying bookings to release containers to transporters and distribute seals
- Interactions with our staff are always professional. This is important because truck drivers and others will see Soraqia as representatives of the shipping line, forwarder or other supply chain agent.
Value-added container services
- Demurrage collection. Or collections of other kinds if required; cash collected is deposited and transferred within 5 days.
- Reefer pre-trip inspections. We will test the equipment and check the temperature set point for refrigerated exports.
- Garment on Hanger (GOH) construction. The Soraqia team will build a professional-standard GOH frame for garment exports. This includes sterile plastic sheet inserts
- Container insurance. Through our partner, we provide insurance for the container itself between leaving the depot and its arrival at the port.
Every year, we arrange thousands of import and export trucking trips through an unrivaled network of partners. Working exclusively with third parties has made Soraqia the most efficient broker and one of the largest and most reputable suppliers of transportation in Jordan.
Our trucking department can very quickly quote, arrange and follow-up on trucks for shipments of all types and sizes. All the work is done for you.
From Aqaba we can also arrange routes into Iraq.
APM Terminals Inland Services Jordan offers bespoke supply chain services so please contact us to discuss any needs you have. Recent projects have included full container storage; container stuffing in Amman and Aqaba; lashing of vehicles into containers; and the construction of internal container partitions.