April 03 2020
COVID-19 Terminal Status Update
- Our terminal is operating normally.
- Our CY has additional space that can be flexed for longer term storage programs if required. Please contact Daniel.Saffer@apmterminals.com
Terminal storage for empties & full containers:
- Dwell times begin to rise due to cargo owners not taking possession of containers. We are taking precautions to ensure terminal fluidity and maintain service levels.
- We are examining what products we may be able to provide during these times. Vessel operations (discharge and timely loading) is prioritized.
- Unfortunately extending free-time will significantly impact operations and network reliability.
- We will “stop the clock” on storage and terminal demurrage if a container is unavailable as a result of issues caused by APM Terminals, such as a yard block being closed or the reduction of gate hours, but in general, other last free day and empty inventory limits will have to be maintained to avoid congestion.
Please take the time to sign up for alerts from any of our terminals that you desire in the “create account” section at www.apmterminals.com/alerts.
Terminal alerts provide you with real-time, personalised operational updates via SMS or email.