First triple vessel operation at APM Terminals Lázaro Cárdenas
This month, container vessels Zhong Gu Shan Dong, Sealand Guayaquil and Maersk Newhaven docked simultaneously at APM Terminals Lazaro’s 700 meter,16.5 draft quay. For the first time in the terminal’s history, it worked three vessels with all seven Super Post-Panamax ship-to-short cranes.
The operation began at 8:00 p.m. with the berthing of the Chinese-flagged Zhong Gu Shan Dong (222.5 meters), followed by the Liberian-flagged Sealand Guayaquil (208.97 meters) and ended with the berthing of the Maersk Newhaven (210.07 meters) at 23:00.
During the operation, in which 6,000 TEUs were moved, the focus was on maintaining high productivity levels, high standards of safety, collaboration, and maintaining the level of service that clients are accustomed to.
Creating an APMTerminals.com account allows you to:
- Subscribe to our Global or Terminal Newsletters
- Set up Terminal Alerts (SMS or Email)
- Save import containers to your Container Watchlist and set up container Email Notifications
- Use our integrated Truck Appointment System - limited terminals
- Request additional services online - limited terminals
Something went wrong with your account
Something went wrong…