Sogester – Sociedade Gestora de Terminais S.A. is a joint venture between APM Terminals (51%) and the Gestor de Fundos of Angola. Sogester S.A. is one of the four container terminals operating from Port of Luanda having procured a 20 + 5 years license from the Port Authorities in 2007.
Sogester SA is a company dedicated to the provision of services at the level of loading, unloading and storage of containers. We are an influential part of the infrastructure that connects the country to a global logistics chain.
At a glance
- Capacity of 800K TEUS/year
- 508 Reefer plugs
- Length main T1 and 2/3 —- TC1/2 we have 360 meters ; TC3 new is 210 meters. In Sonils we have 400m
- TC1/2= 11.5/11.7 m with high tide. TC3 12.5 plus 1 meter Hight water, Sonils is 12.5 m plus 1 m extra on high tide
- Distinguished technical / equipment maintenance facility
- Power treatment plant for reefer containers
- Reefer monitoring system
- Container weighing bridge
- VGM certification for export cargo
- 100+ security cameras;
- Ongoing maintenance of the yard and quay
- Main and backup lines of fiber-optics
- Mobile Harbor Cranes simulator
Sogester is committed to providing a safe, secure, and smooth business environment for its personnel, customers, contractors, and visitors. The transportation of cargo or any movable properties within the terminal is protected against theft and vandalism.
Over the last few years, a variety of container terminal security policies and procedure options have been proposed and applied to reach the best practices in security and safety, namely:
- Port departure inspections
- Around the clock security patrolling and CCTV monitoring
- Physical security measures
- Scanners operated by customs
- Controlling and monitoring access
- Safety and security awareness
- External party violation procedures
By way of these practices, we fully complied with The International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS Code) and certified as a secure port.