Open Access Rail Terminal
The rail terminal at APM Terminals Maasvlakte II is centrally located beside the main railway line on Maasvlakte. Directly connected to the Betuwelijn that connects Rotterdam to Germany. Fast train handling through highly automated processes. And accessible for cargo from other terminals and distribution companies.
APM Terminals Maasvlakte II requests that you report all details of the container and the train in a timely and fully electronic manner via the Dutch Port Community’s Rail Planning service, Portbase. Your visit to our terminal will then be optimally prepared. We then provide you with container status information and expected unloading times. Participation in the Rail Planning service is free for rail operators.
At a glance
- 4 tracks (total of 800 metres)
- 2 rail cranes
- Open to cargo from other container terminals and distribution centres
- Dedicated rail container storage stacks
- Highly automated discharging and loading of containers by rail cranes and stacks
- Real-time container status information
- Able to handle Out of Gauge loads and reefers with gensets
The Open Access Rail Terminal concept enables rail operators to bundle cargo, other than regular import and export. This cargo will be delivered or picked up by rail and forwarded by truck, barge and rail.
For the handling of containers from other (deep sea) terminals, depots or distribution centers, the rail operator will need an agreement with APM Terminals Maasvlakte II. The rail operator can then deliver and collect containers at APM Terminals Maasvlakte II, for trains to and from the hinterland.
For transport between other locations and APM Terminals Maasvlakte II, we can coordinate and execute the transport. We’ll take care of all administrative handlings (including documentation and preannouncements at all terminals) and ensure that containers are delivered before deadline.
It is also possible for the rail operator to arrange the transport between other locations and APM Terminals Maasvlakte II. Rail operators can use competitive rates from our preferred suppliers for train, truck and barge. Contact us below to request the latest rates. Alternatively, operators can use their own trucks, barges or train, or those of their preferred suppliers.
With an APMTerminals.com account you can:
- Receive Terminal Alerts via email or SMS
- Save containers to a Watchlist and set up email notifications
- Manage Truck Appointments (specific terminals)
- Request additional services (specific terminals)