APM Terminals MVII has 500 meters of dedicated barge berthing with a maximum depth of 9.65 meters. Discharging and loading of containers at the stack, and the majority of operations involving barge cranes are fully automated, offering speed, reliably and efficiency.
This also applies to most operations involving the barge cranes. Discharging and loading the containers onto and off the barge are the only processes that are carried out manually, as this benefits from eye-to-eye contact between the barge captain and the crane operator.
At a glance
- 500-metre barge quay with a depth of 9.65 metres
- 3 barge cranes with an outreach of 36 metres
- Dedicated barge container storage stacks
- Automatic handling of containers to barge cranes and stacks
- Fixed Windows for barges
- Real-time container status information
The terminal operates using an electronic system of pre-notifications, to minimize handling times. Using the Dutch Port Community’s online system, Portbase we provide a reliable indication of the expected discharge time of the container at the terminal, to ensure that a container is transported to the hinterland as quickly and reliably as possible.