APM Terminals Maasvlakte II is equipped to handle almost all break bulk/Outside of Gauge (OOG) cargo, including even the most awkward, largest or heaviest items.
Our Special Cargo team consists of specialists with years of experience in handling break bulk. This team is available on a daily basis at our terminal facility. Their activities include:
- Discharging and loading break bulk pieces on all 4 modalities (barge, rail, truck and deep sea/feeder).
- Stuffing and stripping of containers and flat racks.
- Supporting the lashing of pieces on board, container and flat rack. This is executed by a third party.
Our terminal is well equipped to handle pieces of nearly all sizes. For a detailed overview of the possibilities at our terminal, please see our Break bulk capacity overview. For objects which exceed our capabilities, it is possible to handle this with a floating crane. To do so, you can either contact a provider of such services yourself or have us make these arrangements, in which case our Special Cargo team will assist in loading and discharging.
Request Break Bulk/OOG Quote
Terms & Conditions
APM Terminals Maasvlakte II is cofinanced by the European Union’s TEN-T programme. All services provided by APM Terminals Maasvlakte II are provided according to VRTO conditions.
With an APMTerminals.com account you can:
- Receive Terminal Alerts via email or SMS
- Save containers to a Watchlist and set up email notifications
- Manage Truck Appointments (specific terminals)
- Request additional services (specific terminals)