Tangier Med ports stand out for efficiency in an age of disruption
Over recent years, due to supply chain disruptions stemming from the Covid-19 pandemic, the blockage of the Suez Canal, delays in China and the west coast of the US, global shipping has been marred by congestion and unreliability. For many port operators, it has been difficult to determine if vessels would arrive and depart on time.
“We’re in the engine room of a network and we need to make sure it works. It’s a domino effect if it doesn’t.” says Keld Pedersen, managing director of APM Terminals West Med.
Unlike elsewhere in the world, Mr Pedersen says that in Tanger Med “we did not have any congestion”, and he attributes the reliability and efficiency of the port to the dialogue APM Terminals has with the port authorities.
Creating an APMTerminals.com account allows you to:
- Subscribe to our Global or Terminal Newsletters
- Set up Terminal Alerts (SMS or Email)
- Save import containers to your Container Watchlist and set up container Email Notifications
- Use our integrated Truck Appointment System - limited terminals
- Request additional services online - limited terminals
Something went wrong with your account
Something went wrong…