APM Terminals incorporates and enforces all applicable federal and state laws, DOT and OSHA regulations, and all rules determined by APM Terminals Mobile. All applicable rules and regulations must be adhered to while at this facility. Failure to adhere to any applicable rules and regulations will result in corresponding action as determined by APM Terminals management and/or appropriate governing body.
Terminal Security Rules, to be observed by all visitors:
- No unauthorized passengers or personnel permitted.
- All passengers must meet facility ID requirements.
- No weapons allowed on APM Terminals property under any circumstances.
- No photography of any kind is permitted on terminal, unless approved by APM Terminals Management, United States Customs and Border Protection, United States Coast Guard, and/or other Dept. of Homeland Security agency. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in the immediate suspension of privilege to enter the facility.
- No smoking.
- Public urination strictly prohibited. Failure to adhere will result in permanent revocation of privilege to access facility.
- Terminal Speed Limit is 15 MPH.
- Required PPE strictly enforced: Safety vest & Closed-toe shoes
- Seatbelt required while operating vehicle.
- Hard hat required on dock area.
Driver Safety Rules:
- Cannot use/wear any type of device that could impair hearing while vehicle is in motion. This includes, but is not limited to, any type of ear piece, cell phone, CB radio, or other mobile communication device while operating a vehicle. Strongly encouraged to have window(s) rolled down while being loaded/unloaded by CHE equipment to ensure CHE communications can be heard.
- Remain inside cab unless in areas specifically designated for foot traffic. These areas are as follows:
- Yard: empty inspection area, restrooms (utilizing the designated pedestrian walkway marked w/ green and white paint), and M&R wash out area.
- Gate: Designated safe areas indicated with corresponding signage and k-rail barriers (prior to the gate scales/printers). OTR vehicle and container/chassis must be completely within the safe barrier. Drivers may not exit cabs while on the scales/kiosks or anywhere else in the gate area except in this zone.
- No walking or driving between container stacks or rows.
- May not leave vehicle running or unattended if out of view or more than 25 feet away.
- Do not drive, stand, walk under and/or touch any part of a suspended container.
- Slow down at intersections, blind spots, and any time your vision is obstructed.
- No tailgating.
- Do not climb on any terminal equipment.
- Must come to a complete stop at all posted and painted stop signs.
- Must come to a complete stop while being loaded or unloaded.
- Container inspections and/or locking/unlocking of pins are authorized only at the container inspection area, washout area, or in the provided k-rail barriers at the Inbound/Outbound lanes as appropriate.
- Container doors are to remain closed at all times unless actively being inspected at the inspection area or at the M&R washout area.
- Driver is responsible for ensuring that all container doors are properly latched and secured.
- Seals may only be cut in the designated container inspection area. Cut seals and/or any other trash must be properly disposed of in garbage cans provided.
- Empty containers may arrive sealed. Import/Export container seals should not be removed on terminal.
- Any container(s) pulled must go through an outbound kiosk lane to be scanned by US Customs and Border Patrol and properly processed at out-gate. Driver may then proceed to the outbound security checkpoint with valid EIR ticket to be verified prior to exiting facility. No containers are allowed through the “out of gauge” lane at outbound gate. Failure to adhere to this rule WILL result in disciplinary action, not limited to USCBP Fines, suspension from the terminal, and possible revocation of TWIC Eligibility.
All truckers must wear a high-visibility vest from the point of Terminal entry until exiting the terminal. Vest can be purchased from our safety and security department for $20.