Staying up-to-date in today’s challenging logistics industry, while keeping costs low, is not easy. We’re convinced that using modern, standardized and tested application programming interfaces (APIs) is the quickest and most cost-effective way to stay ahead.
How can our APIs help your business?
APM Terminals’ innovative, industry-leading APIs enable you to pull real-time container status data from its Terminal Operating Systems, into your own internal systems - a Transport Management System (TMS) for example.
APIs remove the need to look up information manually via our existing Track & Trace channels, making this the ideal solution for shipping lines, inland transporters, cargo owners and managers, and data aggregators who process higher volumes.
- Cost effective - removes the need to look up a container's status manually
- Increased accuracy - container data is transferred automatically removing the chance of human error or reliance on outdated information
- Time saving - enables large volumes of data to be handled with no manual intervention
- Improved planning - guarantees you’re using the most up-to-date information available in the supply chain
APIs for managing Truck Appointments will be rolled over the coming months. The following APIs are currently available:
Date is available from the following terminals and will be rolled out for the majority of our terminals during 2020:
- Apapa (Nigeria)
- Bahrain (Khalifa Bin Salman Port)
- Buenos Aires (Argentina) - All APIs except Container Event History
- Gothenburg (Sweden)
- Los Angeles (USA)
- Mobile (USA)
- Moín (Costa Rica)
- Port Elizabeth (USA)
- Vado Ligure (Italy)
Later in the year we'll be adding additional APIs that use predictive data, such as estimated discharge times, and an API that allows you to make and amend truck appointments. If you'd like to be notified when we add new APIs or terminals please register for updates.
Our APIs use standard industry protocol, and modern security measures based on open standards, to ensure the set up requires as little effort as possible. Visit developer.apmterminals.com for detailed information about our APIs, technical support and pricing.