Terminal upgrade enables maiden call of ME2 service at APM Terminals Mumbai
APM Terminals Mumbai [GTI] welcomed the maiden call of the ME2 [India – Mediterranean] service this week. The ME2 service, operated by Maersk is a premium service for the export of grapes from India to European markets.
The service connects India West coast ports (Mundra & JNPA) to the hub terminals of Algeciras and Port Tangiers Med in Europe via Salalah and Port Said East. The first vessel on the service, 10000-TEU capacity Maersk Gautemala, berthed at GTI on 9th February 2024 where approximately 2500 moves – primarily of export cargo – were carried out.
With the commissioning of larger reach cranes and the new extended bridge, GTI has upgraded its infrastructure under the fit-for -future project to accommodate larger vessels. The introduction of the ME2 service at APM Terminals Mumbai [GTI] was made possible due to these enhanced capabilities.
Creating an APMTerminals.com account allows you to:
- Subscribe to our Global or Terminal Newsletters
- Set up Terminal Alerts (SMS or Email)
- Save import containers to your Container Watchlist and set up container Email Notifications
- Use our integrated Truck Appointment System - limited terminals
- Request additional services online - limited terminals
Something went wrong with your account
Something went wrong…