Being a significant Container Terminal Operator in India, APM Terminals Mumbai has sound security measures and regulations put in place.
- APM Terminals Mumbai situated inside The Jawaharlal Nehru Port is declared as a “PROHIBITED PLACE”. Under official act 1923 vide Government of Maharashtra’s Notification No.IOS/0815/1323/SPL-4:
- Entry inside the area is prohibited, and, any persons found without valid permission are liable for prosecution.
- The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) manages the security of the Port and is the ultimate Port Pass Issuing authority for entry into port area. The Pass section is located at the terminal’s South Gate complex.
- CISF Pass Section Timings are adhered to as below:
0800 Hrs. to 1300 Hrs : Submission of port pass applications for weekly passes
1400 Hrs. to 1600 Hrs : Collection of weekly port passes
0800 Hrs. to 1600 Hrs : Submission & collection of One day port passes
1300 Hrs. to 1400Hrs : Lunch Time
- The Port follows the International Ship and Port Facility Security code (ISPS)
- Following items are prohibited inside the Port:
- Photography inside the Port area is strictly prohibited.