Terminal Safety Rules
Adherence of safety practices and procedures are imperative at the terminal and are followed by all operational staff:
- Wearing of PPEs (safety jacket, helmet, shoes) inside the Terminal is mandatory. Those working at heights should wear safety belts, hand-gloves & goggles. Face mask should be used as per application.
- Drug & Alcohol is not allowed on the job.
- Smoking inside the terminal is not allowed, except in smoking zone.
- Speed Limit inside the Terminal is Max .20 K.M.P.H.
- Do not walk inside the Terminal; make use of the Shuttle Bus service.
- Do not use cell phones while operating equipments, driving vehicles, climbing staircase etc.
- Fasten seat belts while travelling in vehicles, operating cranes.
- Reversing & Overtaking is not allowed inside the Terminal.
- Switch on lights; in case of dark, dawn/dusk.
- Duty more than 12 hrs is not allowed inside the Terminal.
- Vehicle maintenance inside the Terminal is prohibited; except in Maintenance area.
- Be aware of restricted areas, cranes & electrical substations.
- Incase of ill-health, visit the First Aid Centre. If required rest in orange house at wharf. Sleeping inside the Terminal is prohibited.
- Do not stand below hanging loads.
- Follow all Safety & traffic rules.
- Do not enter inside Container Stacks.
- Do not sleep or sit underneath any vehicle.
- Do not cross the crane path /track.
- Working of any Untrained & Unidentified person inside the terminal is not allowed.
- Do not park your vehicle inside Terminal; except in parking area.
- Instructions from Shift Manager/work area in charge to be followed in case of emergency.
- Damaging equipments is strictly prohibited.
- If you hear an alarm/siren, assemble at the nearest assembly point
APM Terminals Mumbai situated inside The Jawaharlal Nehru Port is declared as a “PROHIBITED PLACE”. Under official act 1923 vide Government of Maharashtra’s Notification No.IOS/0815/1323/SPL-4. Entry inside the area is prohibited, and, any persons found without valid permission are liable for prosecution.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) manages the security of the Port and is the ultimate Port Pass Issuing authority for entry into port area. The Pass section is located at the terminal’s South Gate complex.
CISF Pass Section Timings are adhered to as below:
- 0800 Hrs. to 1300 Hrs : Submission of port pass applications for weekly passes
- 1400 Hrs. to 1600 Hrs : Collection of weekly port passes
- 0800 Hrs. to 1600 Hrs : Submission & collection of One day port passes
- 1300 Hrs. to 1400Hrs : Lunch Time
The Port follows the International Ship and Port Facility Security code (ISPS)
Following items are prohibited inside the Port: Weapons; Alcohol; Explosives; Contraband Items
Photography inside the Port area is strictly prohibited.
For use inside operational areas, GTI provides its clients/ their staff with the following. Equipment is issued at our ODC gate:
- Safety helmets
- Hi-viz reflective vests
- Beacon lights for vehicles