Covering 13 hectares, Terminal Sogester Namibe is the third largest port in Angola and the leading freight gateway to the south of Angola. The terminal is strategically located to serve importers in the provinces of Cunene, Huambo, Huila and Kuando Kubango. With a pier of 975 metres, the port can service both general and container cargo.
Sogester Terminal Management Company SA, is a joint venture between APM Terminals (51%) and the Port of Luanda. In May 2014, Sogester took over the 20 + 5 year concession for the Port of Namibe, known as Sogester Namibe, following the signing of a 20-year concession contract.
At a glance
- Employees: 276
- Area: 12 hectares
- Pier Extension: 754 meters
- Draft: 10 meters
- Capacity: 200,000 TEUs/year
- Multipurpose Terminal
- Gate Cabins: 2
- Reefer connections: 100
With an APMTerminals.com account you can:
- Receive Terminal Alerts via email or SMS
- Save containers to a Watchlist and set up email notifications
- Manage Truck Appointments (specific terminals)
- Request additional services (specific terminals)