March 28 2020
COVID-19 Priority Critical Cargo program for North America
What is a COVID-19 Priority Critical Cargo shipment?
- COVID-19 test kits
- Medical ventilators/respirators
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) for the medical industry (ex. face shields, gowns, gloves, etc.)
- Virus critical shipments – manifest info, to be provided by the ocean carrier (e.g. hand sanitizer, raw materials going into PPE production, etc.)
- Other medical cargoes, to be mutually agreed upon by the port and ocean carrier
Note: Operating outside these parameters could jeopardize the sustainability of this initiative.
In order to facilitate this program, Carriers are requested to ensure all priority critical containers are:
- Block stowed on deck with IPI rail cargo as this is traditionally some of the 1st cargo discharged off a vessel
- Stowed with 2 bays of separation
Information to be provided by ocean carriers to the terminal point of contact (listed below)
- Vessel name
- Bill of lading number(s)
- Container number(s)
- Commodity type / detailed description of the cargo
- Dray carrier
- Destination of cargo and consignee
APM Terminals Communication Delivery Instructions
- Send a list of containers to with Subject Line: “COVID-19 Critical Cargo” “Vessel and Ship- per Name”
- Points of Contact by Terminal
- APM Terminals Pier 400 – please copy both Pier400imports@apmterminals.com and CSMNG@apmterminals.com
- APM Terminals Lazaro Cardenas – email@example.com
- South Florida Container Terminal – Javier.D.Perez@sfct.us.com
- APM Terminals Mobile - Brian.C.Doyle@apmterminals.com
- APM Terminals Port Elizabeth - Giovanni.Antonuccio@apmterminals.com
3. Updates on delivery status will be provided by the local Import Care Teams
APM Terminals Commitments for COVID-19 Critical Cargo
- Prioritize COVID-19 priority critical import shipments on our terminal
- Work with designated dray carriers to ensure appointments for pick up
- Work with rail carriers to adjust schedules if necessary
- Assign priority discharge when the vessel starts working (subject to stowage)
- We will make the best decisions possible to expedite this cargo and consult with the ocean carrier whenever possible.
APM Terminals, at all our North American locations, will provide this service during the COVID-19 pandemic at no additional cost to the carrier, drayage partner, or beneficial cargo owner.
Terminal alerts provide you with real-time, personalised operational updates via SMS or email.
Points of Contact
APM Terminals Lazaro Cardenas
South Florida Container Terminal
APM Terminals Mobile
APM Terminals Port Elizabeth