The West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) Truck Appointment System (TAS) enables you to create, cancel and update truck appointment online in just a few clicks. It also provides a convenient overview of the status of your appointments. The short film below explains some of the benefits and provides a quick introduction to how the system works.
Click here to create an account on apmterminals.com. This account can be used to access other services such as terminal alerts or save containers to a watchlist.
Next, click here to request access to create appointments for your company. You will receive a confirmation email once access has been granted to our TAS.
1.Visit the Truck Appointment System (Under Dashboard in the menu)
2.If not logged in, you will be asked to login to your apmterminals.com account. You will also need to have been approved to manage appointments for your company. (See section above: Getting Started)
3.Click the Add Appointments button
4.Use the tabs to select the type of appointment Import Pick Up (Deliver Import); Export Drop Off (Receive Export); Empty Drop off (Receive Empty); or Empty Pick Up (Empty)
5.Type or paste the Container/Booking IDs for the containers you’d like to make an appointment and Submit
6.The next screen will confirm if there are any containers that aren’t ready for an appointment (See section below: Why am I unable to create an appointment for my container)
7.Follow the instructions on screen to finish selecting a timeslot. Timeslots are colour coded to indicate how busy it is at the terminal (See section below: What do the colour codes on timeslots mean)
8.You may be asked to add appointment details (See section below: Why are you requesting additional information in Appointment Details?)
9.Once your appointment has been submitted, you will be directed to a confirmation screen. From here, you will be able to make further appointments or can navigate to your appointment listings. You may receive an error if your appointment was not successfully reserved.
1. Once you are logged in and approved to use the Truck Appointment System, visit www.apmterminals.com/wact and click “My Dashboard” in the menu and select Truck Appointments
2. If you don’t have any appointments scheduled, you will see an empty table, otherwise you will see appointments for +/-7 days of the appointment date
3. From this page, you can export your data, print or amend your appointment via the grey actions bar.
You can cancel or reschedule appointments, or edit appointment details from the Appointment Listing page.
Simply select an appointment from the listing page, and options to cancel, reschedule or edit will appear on the actions bar at the top of the page.
Select the action you would like to appear, and your appointment will be amended or cancelled.
A merged appointment allows you to create multiple appointments in a single truck visit, for example a drop-off and pick-up. By creating merged appointments, drivers will save time by quicker processing times at the gate.
In order to create a merged appointment, simply select multiple transactions using the check boxes and then click the merge button. In order to create a merged appointment, all your individual appointments must have the same appointment time.
The driver will need to show a print out of the appointment details to the gate clerk as proof of appointment. Click the appointment number and select print, to print the appointment details.
The overview below shows why you may be blocked from adding an appointment for your container.
An appointment is prevented when:
Import Pick Up
- Container number is invalid/not recognised
- Container has already gated out
- An appointment already exists for that container
- Freight not released
- Container has a customs hold
- Container has a terminal hold
- Container has a line hold
- Container has not been discharged from a vessel
Export Drop Off
- All containers in the booking are already in the yard or have a booking made against them
- Booking number not recognised/is invalid
- A container in the booking already has an appointment made against it
- Containers are not pre-advised
Empty Drop Off
- The container is already in the yard
- Container ID is invalid/not recognised
Empty Pick Up
- Booking number not recognised/is invalid
- The container in the booking has already been picked up
- Red indicates there are 0-10% of container slots available
- Amber indicates there are 11-75% of container slots available
- Green indicates there are 76%-100% of slots available
- Black indicates – slot time is no longer available
Adding additional information to support your appointment will be useful for your own records and information such as Seal Number for Export containers or ISO code for Empty containers, will help speed your truck turn around time.
Mandatory information to support your appointment will be marked with an asterisk. You will not be able to submit your appointment if mandatory information is not provided.
Broker booking truck appointment for consignee is only possible with written authorization.
Please use this letter to grant an agent permission to perform the following task(s):
- Book truck appointment
- Receive the loading slip/permit
- Pick up empty containers for export
- Pick up full import containers
- Pick up loose cargo
Please sign and scan completed forms and email to firstname.lastname@example.org