Cabotage – Empty Container Repositioning
On a regular basis, shipping lines requests to reposition empty containers (dry/reefer) to hinterland locations in order to meet exports demands. Pipavav offers a transportation solution for empty containers from Pipavav Port to North India. We offers a fixed cost to shipping lines for movement of empty containers for a longer period.
- Cost effective empty positioning from Pipavav to North India.
- Safe transportation of containers through Rail.
- Timely arrival of containers at destination.
- Long-term cost visibility.
- Shipping line/NVOCC shall request where and how many containers they are planning to move in a specific time frame.
- Based on the requirements, a commercial offer will be made to reposition the containers.
- Once the contract is signed, advance information needs to be provided about the discharge of containers (at least 7 days before the discharge).
- Once discharged, Survey (EIR) needs to be shared before the container is handed-over to the Pipavav team.
- The Pipavav team/ appointed third party, will take custody and keep Shipping line updated about the movement till the container reaches agreed destination.
- Only in transit physical damage will be covered under insurance during transit.
- Any change of destination after container hand-over would attract
With an APMTerminals.com account you can:
- Receive Terminal Alerts via email or SMS
- Save containers to a Watchlist and set up email notifications
- Manage Truck Appointments (specific terminals)
- Request additional services (specific terminals)