APM Terminals Poti completes reconstruction of Poti Port's 150-year-old 1850-meter-long main breakwater
A breakwater is a physical barrier to protect the port from the impact of waves, currents, tides, and siltation, creating safer and calmer conditions for vessels.
APM Terminals Poti commenced reconstruction works in April 2021 and the project took two years to complete. It was designed and constructed using rubble mound rock and 7,200 concrete blocks manufactured in Georgia.
The completion of the breakwater reconstruction is part of a multi-million US dollar investment by APM Terminals in infrastructure for Poti Port. The project cost approximately USD 25 million.
Creating an APMTerminals.com account allows you to:
- Subscribe to our Global or Terminal Newsletters
- Set up Terminal Alerts (SMS or Email)
- Save import containers to your Container Watchlist and set up container Email Notifications
- Use our integrated Truck Appointment System - limited terminals
- Request additional services online - limited terminals
Something went wrong with your account
Something went wrong…