APM Terminals Yucatán acquired Terminal de Contenedores de Yucatán from Grup TCB in February 2016. It is the only container terminal in the Port of Progreso, a deep-water port on the Yucatan Peninsula in southern Mexico, linking Mexican textile and assembly operations to US markets.
The area covered by the port is home to 10 million inhabitants, 10% of the total population of Mexico. Industry in the region is focused on maquilas (manufacturing plants that imports and assembles duty-free components for export), factories and textiles.
Equipment & Facilities
- Area: 11.5 hectares (potential additional 2.4 hectares)
- Annual capacity: 110,000 TEU
- Berths: 210m and 270m Draft:11.30 meters
- Panamax portable cranes: 2
- Mobile harbor cranes: 2
- Reefer plugs: 97
- Substation: 4,000 Kva
The terminal has three automated gates that use the latest technology to record and process the entrance and exits of containers, the vessel, the trip number, the destination port and all the information related to the containerized cargo. Combined with a modern Terminal Operating System it allows for the real-time exchange of data with customers and authorities.
APM Terminals Yucatán is committed to safely loading, unloading, handling, storage of goods, as well as the repair of containers in accordance with the highest international legal and environmental requirements, under strict documentary control, protecting personnel, facilities, ships, cargo and the environment. We therefore comply with the following:
- International Ship and Port Facility Protection Code
- ISO 9001: 2008 (Quality Management System)
- ISO 14001: 2004 (Environmental Management System)
- Certificate of ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY issued by Mexican authority PROFEPA
24 hours a day/365 days a year
Monday-Friday | 8:00 - 19:00
Saturday | 8:00 - 15:00
Monday-Friday |8:00 - 16:00
Saturday| 8:00 - 15:00