April 06 2020
Port of Salalah COVID-19 Update
Dear Valued customer,
Following the evolving developments in the region in relation to COVID-19.We at Port of Salalah are continuously monitoring the status of COVID-19 in Oman.
The evolving situation demands that we take a phased approach and hence classified at 3 levels. While our preventative and precautionary measures remains at LEVEL 2, we have initiated a number of measures in the event of escalation to Level 3.
Current level – Level 2
Ministry of Transport Circulars related to Ports
- Maritime Circular no. 2 / 2020 related to Organizing work in ports and maritime transport sector ( attached )
- Circular No. 3 / 2020 relating to “ Stop Paper Transactions” ( Attached )
- Container Terminal
- Manning and resources deployment continue as normal.
- Vessel operations continue as normal.
- Gate operations continue as normal.
- As per MOT circular 3 / 2020 initiated measures to receive Electronic Delivery orders and deploying additional measures to reduce / eliminate manual transactions
- General Cargo Terminal
- Dry / liquid bulk operations continue as normal.
- Manning and resources continue as normal.
- Dhow operations continue as normal.
- Marine services
- Port health doctor will check all vessels on berthing and grant free pratique prior to start of any cargo operations.
- Cavotec mooring systems are not available until mid-May. All vessels to berth with minimum 4x2 lines fore and aft.
- Cruise vessel calls limited to bunkering at anchorage.
- Marine operations continue as normal.
- Crew Change is not permitted.
Supporting your business
The Port of Salalah Customer Support team will continue to operate as usual to assist you with any issues you may experience. We understand how important it is for you to maintain your business and we will be here to help you in any way we can
We encourage you to share with us your valuable suggestions and reach out for any clarifications you may have at any time. We also request that we work jointly to tide over the current crisis as a united front
This document will be updated and changes will be shared with you in due course.