Port of Salalah operates 24 hours a day, 365 days per year, divided in day and night shifts. The gate is open daily from 08:00-17:00. Office hours are Saturday-Wednesday 08:00-18:00.
Latitude: 16° 56 min. N
Longitude: 054° 00 min E
Load Line & Time Zone
Load Line Zone: Tropical
Time Zone: GMT +4
Tidal Range & Flow
Tidal range averages 1.0m to 2.0m however, during monsoon season (Jun to Aug) waves are up to 4.0 at max.
November to March: Cool winter sun, temperatures approx 24°C-34°C
March to May: Spring, temperatures approx 20°C-high 30°C
June to August: Cool tropical summer, temperatures vary between 20°C-30°C due to the monsoon effect
Prevailing winds: Monsoon wind, direction 230 deg, speed max 15-20kn during the period of June to August
||Length (m)||Max Permissible Depth|
|1, 2, 3, 4||1227||16 m
|5, 6||900||18 m|
|21, 22, 23,||520||10 m|
|25, 26||335||5 m|
|30, 31||600||16 m|
|32 – 33||330||18 m|
|34 – 35||300||18 m|
- Berths 1 to 6 are container berths in line; therefore, larger vessels can occupy part of a second berth if necessary.
- Berths 21 to 23 are General Cargo berths in line and larger vessels can occupy part of second berth if necessary.
- Berth 24 is a General Cargo berth.
- Berths 25 to 29 are berths for small general cargo vessels, Dhows, and fishing Launches.
- Berths 30 & 31 are main deep draft multi-user berths.
- Berth 32-33 are deep draft multi-user berths
- Berth 34-35 are deep draft liquid berths.
With an APMTerminals.com account you can:
- Receive Terminal Alerts via email or SMS
- Save containers to a Watchlist and set up email notifications
- Manage Truck Appointments (specific terminals)
- Request additional services (specific terminals)