Storage & Warehousing
Our storage services can save you time and money and allow additional flexibility, for example by allowing production runs to be larger and by allowing large consignments to be prepared for shipping. We can also help you combine products for onward distribution.
The services mentioned below may also be offered with bonded storage. These are secured areas where dutiable goods may be stored, manipulated, or undergo manufacturing operations without payment of duty.
Our storage and warehousing can help you with additional capacity at short notice, with no investment. With the latest security and fire prevention systems that meet international standards, and trained operators, you can be confident that your cargo is in safe hands. We use warehouse and inventory control systems to guarantee the safety and quick location of your product.
- Supply chain flexibility: proactively manage your stock locations to ensure continuity of supply
- Take advantage of bulk buying/transport economies and store products until required
- Manage demand fluctuations and supporting and gain a competitive advantage by supporting ‘Just-In-Time’ suppliers’ programmes
- Lower your transport costs by using us as a local hub
Empty container depots
Container depots are an essential part of the logistics chain. At the depots importers can leave their empty containers and exporters can pick up empty containers for shipment.
In addition to storing empty containers, most of our facilities also provide inspection, cleaning and repair services, for both dry and reefer containers (See Reefer Services). We offer a favourable price-quality ratio for these services and excellent intermodal connections mean our terminals provide perfect hubs for empty containers.
We also specialise in the storage, cleaning and maintenance of tank containers. Over the past five years, transport of liquids, powders and gases in tank containers has almost doubled and the demand for these services has increased accordingly.
At a glance
- Storage and cleaning of tank containers
- Perfect hub location
- Inspection, cleaning and repair of dry and reefer containers
Our reefer warehouses are equipped with independent cells with controlled temperatures ranges to meet all industry requirements. Many locations also offer conditioned areas for the storage of pallets.
The majority of our facilities also offer fully equipped workshops for dry and reefer container repairs. (See Container Services & Repair)
At a glance
- Real time Data Logging System to monitor temperature variations
- Complete power back up
- Adequate Fire Prevention Systems
- CC TV equipped storage facility
- 24x7 Security offered backed by trained and screened personnel
- Precise temperature control e.g. for the pharmaceuticals industry
Hazardous cargo/dangerous materials
Many of our terminals offer a reserved area for hazardous cargo storage. We ensure that you comply with all local regulations and codes of best practice.
We carry out regular risk assessments to ensure compliance and have strict emergency procedures in place.
We have specially trained personnel and purpose-built facilities to handle the following categories of dangerous goods: radioactive, flammable, explosive, corrosive, oxidizing, asphyxiating, biohazardous, pathogenic or allergenic.
We can also handle compressed gases and liquids or hot materials, including all goods containing such materials or chemicals. Goods are stored according to their safety classification.
At a glance
- We ensure you comply with local regulations
- Highly trained and qualified employees
- Emergency procedures in place
- Purpose built storage facilities
Early gate in enables customers to deliver containers to Maasvlakte II at any time and store containers at the terminal itself, regardless of the normal permitted time frame. Customers are charge on a per day per container stored basis.
Early gate-in removes the need to first deliver some containers to an inland storage location, or to deliver them in separate shipments. Enabling customers to deliver all of their containers to the terminal in one go, even if part of the delivery is scheduled for a later date, reduces costs. Removing the need to first deliver part of the shipment to an inland storage depot reduces logistics complexity, transport costs and storage costs. In fact, you have just one contact at APM Terminals to ensure your containers are shipped on time.
At a glance
- Increases efficiency and reduces costs
- Reduces supply-chain complexity
- Increases flexibility
- Reduces chance of error
Use our interactive service locator to find out where we offer services around the world, or to discover what services are offered in a particular location.