APM Terminals South Africa Inland Services was established in 2008. Today it has locations in Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, East London, Durban, Johannesburg, and Pretoria, strategically located near major (air)ports, highways and large consumer markets.
At a glance
- Regional and global coverage through extensive network of ports and inland locations.
- Expertise for tailor-made solutions to meet customer requirements
- Road and rail transport management
- Own rail account with Transnet freight rail
- Ability to transport reefer containers from pit to port
- Full depot functions – empty / full /reefers and repairs
- Licensed with Customs and Excise for Removal of Goods in Bond (RIB)
- Licensee of Customs and Excise warehouse for customs stops
- Fully Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) compliant
- Fully insured for Goods in Transit (GIT)
- Tracking and Tracing of your shipments
- Hazardous chemicals compliant / Transport Emergency (TREM) cards during transport
Our inland services are fully equipped to handle South Africa’s key import and export commodities, including machinery, fuels/oils, electronic equipment, vehicles, metals, ores, fruits and precious metals and stones.
We use the latest technologies and highly-trained employees to offer safe, secure and efficient handling of cargo. Many facilities use CCTV monitored off-site 24/7. Total transparency is guaranteed through the use of Electronic Data Interfaces such as Track & Trace.
By investing in the latest technologies for handling both refrigerated and dry cargo, our customers benefit from APM Terminals’ global standards, the latest technologies and a seamless logistics and supply chain experience between our ports and inland terminals.
We tailor solutions to meet the specific requirements of our customers using locally owned assets, while adhering to the highest standards of safety, transparency and regulatory compliance, ultimately reducing your turnaround time and costs.