Data for APM Terminals Tangier now available in company’s expanded API offering
Following the successful launch of APM Terminals API and Data Services store in 2020, APM Terminals now provides data via its APIs for 19 key terminals. All container tracking functionality is now available via APIs as well as a Truck Appointment API for specific terminals.
Meeting customer’s expectations for fast and reliable delivery in today’s challenging logistics industry, while keeping costs low, requires constant innovation. “Reliable, real-time data is the key to meeting all of these requirements,” shares Harry Drok, Head of Product Management for APM Terminals.
“APM Terminals’ modern, industry-leading APIs enable our customers to pull real-time container status data from its Terminal Operating Systems, into their own internal ones - a Transport Management System for example,” he explains.
Improved planning, time saving and cost reduction
APIs remove the need to look up information manually via the company’s existing Track & Trace channels, making this the ideal solution for shipping lines, inland transporters, cargo owners and managers, as well as data aggregators who process higher volumes. Removing the need for manual intervention not only saves man hours and speeds up the process, but also increases accuracy. “Most importantly, access to the latest data available in the supply chain, improves planning and helps meet customer expectations,” says Drok.
APM Terminals offers APIs for Vessel Schedules, Import Availability and Container Event History. Together with more recently launched Export Booking Enquiry and Empty Container Returns APIs, containers can be tracked throughout their full terminal cycle. A Truck Appointment API based on APM Terminals global Truck Appointment solution, is being rolled out gradually and is currently implemented for APM Terminals Los Angeles, Mobile and Port Elizabeth (USA), Gothenburg (Sweden) and Vado Ligure (Italy).
Increased terminal coverage
All other APIs currently offer data for terminals in the following locations, with additional terminals being added during 2022:
- Algeciras (Spain) - All APIs except Empty Container Returns
- Apapa (Nigeria)
- Bahrain (Khalifa Bin Salman Port)
- Buenos Aires (Argentina) - All APIs except Container Event History
- Gothenburg (Sweden)
- Itajaí (Brazil) - All APIs except Empty Container Returns
- Lázaro Cárdenas (Mexico)
- Los Angeles (USA)
- Onne (Nigeria)
- Medport Tangier (Morocco) - All APIs except Empty Container Returns and Container Event History
- Mobile (USA)
- Moín (Costa Rica)
- Monvrovia (Liberia)
- Port Elizabeth (USA)
- Rotterdam Maasvlakte II (Netherlands) - All APIs except Empty Container Returns
- South Florida Container Terminal (Miami, USA)
- Tangier (Morocco) - All APIs except Empty Container Returns
- Vado Ligure (Italy)
- Yucatan (Mexico) - All APIs except Empty Container Returns
Detailed information about our APIs, pricing, technical information and other frequently asked questions can be found on developer.apmterminals.com.
With an APMTerminals.com account you can:
- Receive Terminal Alerts via email or SMS
- Save containers to a Watchlist and set up email notifications
- Manage Truck Appointments (specific terminals)
- Request additional services (specific terminals)