MPS is committed to the highest standards of Health and Safety aimed at creating an injury-free workplace and a culture of zero harm. Over a decade, MPS has gradually instilled behaviours of “doing things right the first time” thereby building a safety culture where everyone is accountable for their actions with the visible challenge of unsafe conducts amongst staff.
The Project Management Team, believe in MPS’ core values of human life being precious and in maintaining the health, safety, security and well-being of our people, the environment, property, and the general public.
In achieving an injury free environment various safety rules and initiatives have been implemented in our container handling terminal. Notable amongst them is our ‘pedestrian free’ policy which eliminates the risk of man-machine interface in our operation.
Terminal Safety Rules
- Maximum one driver per truck
- No pedestrians in terminal area
- Drivers are only permitted to leave truck to lock/unlock twist-locks and must stay with truck
- All drivers must be equipped with PPE and Photo ID Card
- No cell phone communications while driving
- Speed limit in terminal is 20kph
- Directions from MPS staff must be followed at all times.