APM Terminals holds a 20% stake in Tianjin Port Alliance International Container Terminal Co., Ltd, formed in 2005. The company operates 4 container berths in the Port of Tianjin, China, with a total quay length of approximately 1,100 meters and has an annual handling capacity of 1.7 million TEUs. The terminal is equipped to receive New Panamax vessels with a maximum of 14,500 TEU.
The container berths are located in the the Beijiang Port Area. This includes the original areas of the Tanggu New Port, plus new facilities built on reclaimed land north of the Main Basin. It covers approximately 36.8 km2, has 18.9 km of coastline, and contains mostly container and general cargo terminals. It is also the main service and administration area of the port.
The port of Tianjin, located at the juncture of the Beijing-Tianjin city belt and the economic circle of the Bohai Rim Region. It is the world's largest ports, and the largest comprehensive port in North China and an important foreign trade port serving 14 provinces, cities and autonomous regions and a hub connecting Northeast Asia with Midwest Asia.
In addition to the investment and construction of container terminals and related yards, from an operational perspective the company provides:
- Container packing, unpacking, repairing and washing
- Operation of inland freight transfer stations and cargo storage
- Bonded storage and export surveillance of import and export goods and consultation services related to the aforementioned businesses
- Provision of integrated services of logistics and container management
- Short-distance transshipment and storage of containers and general cargo
- Storage and safekeeping of import and export containers and other cargo
- Handling of containers and other cargo to/from ships, trains and trucks
Equipment & FacilitiesArea: 632,000 m2
Container storage: 20,000 TEU
Annual capacity: 1.7 milllion TEU