Customs Inspection Positioning
The operations team at APM Terminals Vado can carry out the ‘Positioning’ of your container(s) in a dedicated safe and secure customs inspection area located in Reefer Terminal. For import containers, customer can request the service either before the unit arrives or once the unit is at the terminal.
Types of inspections available
The Vado Gateway area (Reefer Terminal and Container Terminal) is a single customs area. The Reefer Terminal has Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) Certification, which allows for simpler customs procedures, fewer physical and document-based controls, and priority treatment if selected for control.
A branch of the Customs and Monopoly Agency is located within the Vado Gateway port area, which makes it very convenient to carry out any type of customs inspection requested by authorities. This can range from document checks, to goods verification and even X-ray scanning, thanks to dedicated and certified instrumentation on site. The following positioning options are available:
- Customs inspection, sanitary inspection, veterinary inspection, veterinary inspection to take samples, (no partial stripping included)
- Customs Scanner
- Age control inspection: Quality controls on fresh vegetable and fruits
- Phytosanitary (Phyto) inspection (no partial stripping included)
- Radiometric inspection
What does the positioning service exclude?
- Intra-Terminal Transport moves (ITT) will be charged at a separate rate. When a unit arrives in the Container Terminal it should be moved to the dedicated Inspection Area located in Reefer Terminal.
- Terminal assistance for container stripping during inspection will be charge at an additional Man/Hour tariff.
- Assistance of experts such as Chemical Experts, Radiometric Technician etc.
- Any other additional services outside of Positioning of the unit
Benefits of online ordering
This service will available for online ordering in the near future, offering:
- Convenience: Get a quote and order online with just a few clicks and check your order history anytime and anywhere.
- Flexibility: Update and cancel services online for optimal flexibility
- Transparency: Clear and detailed information will reduce disputes on invoices