Verified Gross Mass (VGM) Weighing
Vado Gateway has two certified and calibrated weighing facilities, one located in the Container Terminal and one in the Reefer Terminal. This not only more cost efficient and saves time in obtaining the VGM for your container, but also improves supply chain flow and guarantees compliance with IMO regulations and local legislation. It also eliminates the risk of costly claims and re-weighing containers at the request of authorities or shipping lines.
Vado Gateway also has the facilities to weigh OOG within the following parameters:
- Container Terminal: 40 T WLL | 135 cm over height | 20 cm over width each side
- Reefer Terminal: 40 cm over width each side | No restriction on height
Tariffs and Ordering
VGM weighing can be ordered both pre-gate in or after gate in. For guaranteed service we do however recommend booking the service prior to arrival at the Terminal, otherwise we will need to check feasibility when container is in the yard. There are different tariffs depending of time ordering. Please visit our Tariffs page for the latest rates.
- Weighing on receiving with advanced booking: 56,50 € Unit
- Weighing on receiving containers without advanced booking (including units received by rail): 113,50 € Unit
- Weighing containers already stacked in yard: 144,00 € Unit
Any Landside customers can request our VGM weighing service without having to sign a Direct Billing Agreement. General Terms and Conditions apply. Shipping Lines may agree a contract with special tariffs.