Our commitment is to grow in a sustainable and environmentally friendly way. We also want to establish quality processes as part of the objectives of our company that allow us to increase the efficiency of our work for the benefit of our employees and those who use our services.
We have put in place measures and continue to develop the necessary activities for the prevention of risks in the workplace, including a policy of prevention of occupational risks, the main objective of which is to achieve a zero rate of accidents at work and a safe productivity.
The four largest terminal operators worldwide jointly analyzed the significant and fatal accidents that each of them had suffered in recent years. The conclusions of this joint work showed that the causes that had led to the vast majority of these accidents could be classified into five different categories; this categorization gave rise to the Fatal 5 which are:
The terminal provides its visitors/contractors with a Safety, Health and Environment app to ensure they operate safely within the terminal. Before accessing APM Terminals Barcelona, all workers must pass the safety induction. Currently, to do so there are two possible ways: online or by downloading the Visitor HSSE mobile app.
APM Terminals Valencia, S.A. has implemented the following management systems:
- Quality management system with focus mainly on the customer and continuous improvement, according to ISO 9001:2015 and certificate no ES-08174-1. Download Quality management system certificate
- Occupational safety and health management system, in accordance with ISO 45001:2018 and certificate no. ES113049-1 that applies to the “Management of the container terminal and maintenance of machinery in the Port of Valencia". Download Certificate of the occupational safety and health management system
- Environmental management system according to ISO 14001:2015 and certificate no.ES081746-1 that applies to the "Management of the container terminal and maintenance of machinery in the Port of Valencia". Download Certificate of the environmental management system
- Environmental management system in accordance with the European EMAS Regulation and certificate no. ES-CV-000046 for the activities of "Management of the container terminal and maintenance of machinery in the Port of Valencia". Download EMAS certificate | Download Environmental Statement
- Energy management system to improve the energy performance of the organization in accordance with ISO 50001:2018 and certificate no. ES-081455-1 that applies to the "Management of the container terminal and maintenance of machinery in the Port of Valencia". Download Energy management system certificate
- References of Quality of Service in ports of the State according to the Referencel of Quality approved by the Port of Valencia with certificate no. ES10/8629 in port activity for the traffic of containers. Download Certified Quality of Service for Container Terminals
- Compliance with the agreement signed with the Port Authority in the field of good environmental practices, according to the guide issued by the Ministry of Development through Ports of State, with certificate no. ES15/17423. Download Good environmental practices