New productivity record at APM Terminals Algeciras
February 22nd, 2023 marked a productivity milestone at APM Terminals Algeciras. The facility concluded operations on the vessel Mayview Maersk with Productive Moves Per Hour (PMPH) of 201.63, surpassing the symbolic number of 200 and establishing a new record for the terminal.
The 201.63 Productive Moves Per Hour figure – which is the generally accepted measure of the productivity of quay cranes at a container terminal - was achieved by 8 operating ship-to-shore (STS) cranes and during a port stay of 14.51 hours, compared to the target of 18.52. This was also the highest productivity recorded at APM Terminals Algeciras for any vessel or service. The vessel on which record operations were performed, Mayview Maersk, operates on Maersk’s Asia-Europe (AE) network, which is one of the world’s busiest trade lanes.
“We are extremely proud to be joining the «200 PMPH club» and by doing so, writing a new chapter in the history of operations here in Algeciras. Our teams continuously raise the bar higher when it comes to performance and make such improvements possible thanks to their experience, enthusiasm and engagement”, comments Zsanett Balla, Chief Operating Officer at APM Terminals Algeciras.
APM Terminals Algeciras, 100% owned by APM Terminals, is one of the largest terminals in the Western Mediterranean and a natural transhipment hub for cargoes to and from Africa, Europe and the Far East. Operations at the terminal commenced on February 28, 1986.
Crear una cuenta de APMTerminals.com le permite:
- Suscríbase a nuestros boletines globales o terminales
- Configurar alertas de terminal (SMS o correo electrónico)
- Guarde los contenedores de importación en su lista de seguimiento de contenedores y configure las notificaciones por correo electrónico de contenedores
- Utilice nuestro sistema integrado de citas para camiones: terminales limitadas
- Solicite servicios adicionales en línea - terminales limitadas
Algo salió mal con tu cuenta
Algo salió mal...