When a container is at the terminal it can be difficult for the container owner to confirm status of container, including seal. By ordering this service, we will check the seal on your container and provide you with information including seal number. If the seal is missing, we can seal the container upon your request. The invoice will be sent to the shipping company.
- Sealed containers contribute to secure goods and reduce the risk of short shipments.
- This improved service also streamlines handling through the terminal and eliminates the waiting time that missing seals previously meant for drivers, hauliers and container and freight owners.
- Once the customer has placed an order, they will receive confirmation that the order is received.
- We will then move the container to our inspection area where our trained terminal staff inspect the seal.
- The customer will be provided with seal details by e-mail and we will invoice the shipping line.
Note that this service can only be ordered by a shipping line and while the container is in our yard.
With an APMTerminals.com account you can:
- Receive Terminal Alerts via email or SMS
- Save containers to a Watchlist and set up email notifications
- Manage Truck Appointments (specific terminals)
- Request additional services (specific terminals)