Break Bulk & OOG
Pier 400 has a specialist team and equipment ready to load and unload your Out-of-Gauge or Break Bulk Cargo. To ensure your valuable cargo always remains safe, we only use highly trained and experienced operators, and suitable equipment. We also have facilities to store these types of cargo if required.
With Out-of-Gauge Cargo, the dimensions of the cargo exceed the flat rack or open top container by length, width or height, but a container can still be used. Out of Gauge cargo includes things like propellers, flanges or trucks.
Break Bulk significantly exceeds the size and/or weight of a standard container and is therefore handled as non-unitised cargo and normally placed on a bed of flat racks with a large number of lashing points. Break Bulk cargo includes things like yachts, masts, industrial machines or train carriages.
At a glance
- Fully integrated in normal operations providing a seamless experience
- Flexibility on price scheme for project or volume commitments
- Intermodal infrastructure with immediate access to rail and road.
Request a Quote
With an APMTerminals.com account you can:
- Receive Terminal Alerts via email or SMS
- Save containers to a Watchlist and set up email notifications
- Manage Truck Appointments (specific terminals)
- Request additional services (specific terminals)