Peel off addresses the problem of retrieving the desired container from a stack, by segregating the containers destined for a large beneficial cargo owner (BCO), or multiple BCOs, who agree to aggregate their containers into a single stack.
Cargo is consolidated in the yard for specific customers (importers, freight forwarders, trucking companies) and available for pick up in one shift. Containers are distributed from top of stack on one truck to the next truck, until all cargo is delivered. This results in significant improvements in cargo pick-up time.
- Cargo can be delivered to warehouse in one shift
- Use of Pier 400 private dedicated lane at the express gate
- No appointments required for peel-off
- Faster truck turn time and cargo arrival at next destination.
To receive peel-off delivery services, APM Terminals requires the cargo to be ‘block stowed’on the vessel at origin, meaning, all loads are together in the same bay – and they come off together into the stack in the yard. The preference for this operation is to have a minimum of 40 imports block-stowed on the ship. Please refer to our Tariff document (section 960) for further details and rates.
With an APMTerminals.com account you can:
- Receive Terminal Alerts via email or SMS
- Save containers to a Watchlist and set up email notifications
- Manage Truck Appointments (specific terminals)
- Request additional services (specific terminals)