Verified Gross Mass (VGM) Weighing
SOLAS IMO regulations for Verified Gross Mass (VGM) came into effect on 1 July 2016. This means that the shipper named on the Ocean Bill of Lading are responsible for providing the container weight to shipping lines prior to loading a container on the vessel.
Reefer Terminal has a certified and calibrated weighing facility - this will not only save cost and time in obtaining the VGM for your container, but also improves supply chain flow and guarantees compliance with IMO regulations and local legislation. It also eliminates the risk of costly claims and re-weighing containers on request of authorities or shipping lines.
5 Easy steps to make it work
• Container Weighing (through booking service) € 55/unit (1 container per truck)
• Container weighing (through booking service) € 100/2 units (2 containers per truck)
• Container weighing (no booking service) € 110/unit
• Container weighing for VGM discrepancy € 130/
• Storage in case of segregation for VGM discrepancy - first 7 days € 25/unit/day, therafter € 40/unit/day (no free time)